Afip Ok For Dollars

ARbound

Registered
Hi All,

As you know I'm leaving Argentina and decided to give it a chance an apply for dollars from AFIP.

I filled out the application, submitted it, and when I go to consultations in the
Consulta de Operaciones Cambiarias - COC: VIAJES AL EXTERIOR
section and this now what I'm able to see.

What I'm trying to figure out is where do I go from here? Has it been approved? Is there a certificate
or something I need to wait for? Etc.

Thanks for the help as always!

(and no, I don't have that many pesos lol)

N91gewT.png

I think you can go to your bank and buy dollars there directly. It should already be in the system that you've been given permission to buy dollars.

Looks like you are approved. Bring the printout to the bank along with your DNI and you should be able to get the dollars without a problem. Or you can buy them online, have them deposited to your account and then go to the teller window at your bank to make the withdrawal. Good luck!

Don't be surprised if they give you the run around. Last time my husband tried to buy dollars for a trip, he had to go to the bank several times because either the system was down, they didn't have any dollars, or some other issue. I think he couldn't buy any until 7 days before departure as well.

This was provincia though, not sure if the banks are better prepared in Capital.

Excuse my skepticism, but please do confirm for us that you actually were able to buy them. I've heard too many stories of people, armed with their approval info, showing up at banks only to hear that: the banks were out of dollars for the day, the system was down, something was missing, ..and those "approved "people weren't actually able to get their money. Only their approvals!

So it has been approved? Great!

I wasn't sure if it did or just said they received the application.

Don't be surprised if they give you the run around. Last time my husband tried to buy dollars for a trip, he had to go to the bank several times because either the system was down, they didn't have any dollars, or some other issue. I think he couldn't buy any until 7 days before departure as well.

This was provincia though, not sure if the banks are better prepared in Capital.

That's true, you can only do the transaction 7 days prior to your departure date on the ticket. That is why it's better to buy the dollars on line and deposit them in your account (if you have one) then just make the withdrawal from your account. It saves you from having to wait for a teller transaction with the AFIP approval. This way, it's just a simple withdrawal at the teller window of your dollars.

Excuse my skepticism, but please do confirm for us that you actually were able to buy them. I've heard too many stories of people, armed with their approval info, showing up at banks only to hear that: the banks were out of dollars for the day, the system was down, something was missing, ..and those "approved "people weren't actually able to get their money. Only their approvals!

I get my last check from work on Friday, I'll head to the bank and try.

Do I have to use a bank or if they're "out" can I go to another branch/not my bank/exchange house?

I'll let everyone know if/how I get them.

I get my last check from work on Friday, I'll head to the bank and try.

Do I have to use a bank or if they're "out" can I go to another branch/not my bank/exchange house?

I'll let everyone know if/how I get them.

Remember, the whole point is to make it difficult for you.

Back