Agent claims foreigners cannot sell a house for six years

There is a real Estate inform called “informe de dominio” that gives you all the info about the house.

What if the "constancia de titulares de dominio de la D.P.R.I." shows an invalid CUIT (a number that is not valid when searching for a constancia of the CUIT in the AFIP website)?.

PS: based on an escritura that appears to have been recorded in 1994 that bears a man's name and a CUiT which begins with the number 90.

Last edited:
There is also the possibility that we've been trolled by another outrageously absurd story. :rolleyes:

I always end up wondering where where they find these people, because I have a bridge in San Francisco I'd like to sell.

You are watching too many movies, Steve in Buenos Aires! ;)
I don't have time to watch movies. I'm too busy writing a screenplay for my own film about expats living in Argentina.

Though inspired by real life events that occurred in 2016, there is no scene or even a mention of a foreigner buying a property sight unseen in a Argentina and allowing the real estate agent to live in it rent free (only paying the taxes and maintaining the house).

I do realize it could happen in real life, but including something that preposterous would detract from the central plot/story line. Besides, the purpose of the story is not to make expats look that stupid or Argentines that sinister.

PS: Congratulations on your ability to interpret the true meaning of my user name.

And, just in case anyone doesn't get the meaning of the word "in" I would like to add that I am really living in Buenos Aries!

Last edited:
Hello - new to this site, and this forum. My American parents bought a house they've never seen in the town of San Rafael about 10 years ago. Now they are elderly and need to sell it to pay mounting medical bills here in the US, where they live. The real estate agent conveniently "rented back" the house from my parents after the transaction was completed, paying only taxes and promising to do maintenance.

This sounds fishy!

The real estate agent told them that no foreigners can sell for at least six years, because the taxes will eat all the profit. After that, he has been uncommunicative for the last 5 or so years. Last they know, still living in their house. Uh-oh. All I have to help them with is the address in San Rafael.

Any good ideas? Does anyone know a legit land agent in San Rafael? Any ideas what I should do for them?

As the saying goes, "A fool and their money are soon parted". Why in the WORLD would they be so foolish?

There are plenty of investors that have purchased properties sight unseen. That goes on all over the world. HOWEVER, they are people that have a trusted friend/family or consultant that is totally experienced and know what they are doing. I'm not sure how/why your parents bought a place and then leased it back to the real estate agent!

As the saying goes, "A fool and their money are soon parted". Why in the WORLD would they be so foolish?

There are plenty of investors that have purchased properties sight unseen. That goes on all over the world. HOWEVER, they are people that have a trusted friend/family or consultant that is totally experienced and know what they are doing. I'm not sure how/why your parents bought a place and then leased it back to the real estate agent!

These people don't sound like investors...not if they didn't charge or receive rent...but I can think of another possibility:

Perhaps ten years go they were buying a future retirement home, and perhaps they were already familiar with the area and knew the agent.

If that's the case their actions would/could make sense.

What doesn't make sense is why they waited five years (during which they never heard from the agent) to try to find out what to do...:eek:

PS: All we can do is speculate until the OP returns and provides additional info.

These people don't sound like investors...not if they didn't charge or receive rent...but I can think of another possibility:

Perhaps ten years go they were buying a future retirement home, and perhaps they were already familiar with the area and knew the agent.

If that's the case their actions would/could make sense.

What doesn't make sense is why they waited five years (during which they never heard from the agent) to try to find out what to do...:eek:

PS: All we can do is speculate until the OP returns and provides additional info.

Hi. The original poster has never ever replied to any of the many questions and points made so your comment on trolls may be apposite. Rather destructive to get people to offer their helpful advice simply to waste their time? Anyway, the original poster said his "parents" were not only not familiar with the house but had ever seen it and simply trusted an agent who then went incommunicado. I am doubtful this is a real story about real people but could be a tool to find out how to pursue an estate agent. Agree we should spend no more time on this until the OP coughs...?

Back