Airlines from Europe

BA does have 2 night flights where you can go to bed at normal hours so I don't have a problem with the jet lag

Futboljunkie said:
BA does have 2 night flights where you can go to bed at normal hours so I don't have a problem with the jet lag

Yes because nothing beats sleeping in an airplane chair.

Flew Air France over here and they allowed 40 kg baggage.

amat said:
I did alitalia twice. really wasn't that bad. the food was decent and the entertainment systems are good enough. Only complaint was that it was packed full each time as there were a lot of Argentines taking their summer holidays in Italy and vice versa. So zero chance of an empty seat.

Alitalia :

going to BA our luggage arrived 7 days late. (SEVEN DAYS!!)

Going back our flight Rome-Belgium was canceled, (this flight had been canceled for the last 2 weeks. didn't bother to tell the passengers.) we were told in ezeiza and they put us on the next flight. Arriving in Rome it turned out we were just on the WAITING LIST. We waited 15 hours and 7 flights before we could go, devided over 3 planes, my (at that time) 14 year old son arrived 8 hours and 3 planes before us in Belgium.... The most amazing thing was that this situation had been the same for the last 2 weeks.

We paid 200 euro less then with air france and it was not worth it...

orwellian said:
Yes because nothing beats sleeping in an airplane chair.

Flew Air France over here and they allowed 40 kg baggage.

I can sleep in a airplane chair but if you mainly rest and maybe sleep a bit your going to be ok

Futboljunkie said:
I can sleep in a airplane chair but if you mainly rest and maybe sleep a bit your going to be ok

Good question, blagblah, cabj, grandaiscool, panduf.ironhead, etc.

Why do you have to change your name so often?

Air Europa flies to BA from London Gatwick. Friends of mine flew them from N.Y. to Madrid and were very impressed.

fred mertz said:
Air Europa flies to BA from London Gatwick. Friends of mine flew them from N.Y. to Madrid and were very impressed.

Yes I flew Air Europa. They have regular flights from Gatwick to Madrid giving you either a couple of hours or a full day layover in Madrid. The flight I got departs Madrid at midnight as well so you arrive BsAs in the morning. Ultimately, economy is economy and is shit on every airlines, every airline can (and will) loose your baggage and have delayed flights. You might as well go with the airline that will screw you over for less.

Alitalia is a great airline if you can get a really cheap ticket. Lufthansa is a good airline, in my opinion one of the best in Europe but flights can be so expensive. I would always avoid American airlines, poor service and too much data grab shit when you land stateside.

Keep clothes in both your home country and in Argentina and fly with only carry-on luggage

fred mertz said:

My husband flew Air Europa, although he was happy with the flight, he was very unhappy with the hours; He arrived something like 3 or 4 am in madrid and had his connection flight in another airport (terminal) and at that time there are no busses; He had to get a taxi which was quite expensive. With his luggage.

Air Europa does not work together with other companies that fly to Brussels, (maybe they do in connection with London?) so to get there you have to take Iberia. If they are delayed (which they often are) you loose your ticket Madrid/BA as a "non-show". Risky?

Another thing is that my husband could hardly sleep / 'lost his night' as he had to change flight in the middle of the night. Not so much a problem if you go on holidays, but when you travel to have lots of meetings it is really annoying.

I don't trust Air Europa...it smells like Air Madrid or Air Comet.
Alitalia: we landed late in Rome for our connecting flight to BA. The service was a disaster, I would say worse than Aerolíneas Argentinas. Until recently a state-owned company, the philosophy hasn't changed much.
Iberia: notorious for losing luggage.
Air France: I had only good experiences
Lufthansa: Good service, punctual, but they fly those ugly B747 to BA. The planes are rather old and don't have individual screens at every seat. Of course the planes are very well maintained, that's not the issue.
TAM: shiny new planes. Good service. Very often unpunctual, but they sometimes delay connecting flights so that people get the connection. The disadvantage is GRU, Guarulhos (Sao Paulo), a pretty ugly disorganised airport. It is alright as long as you don't need to get your boarding card there...otherwise be prepared for HOURS of standing.
Aerolíneas Argentinas: I flew twice with them from Madrid. I have to say I had good flights. But I wouldn't fly with them again (strikes, delays, etc). Also pretty old planes, B747 without individual screens
I haven't used British Airways, they are usually rather expensive.

Back