Airlines from Europe

TAM is great if you can find a deal. But they tend to keep their prices up.

malbec said:
Lufthansa: Good service, punctual, but they fly those ugly B747 to BA. The planes are rather old and don't have individual screens at every seat. Of course the planes are very well maintained, that's not the issue.

You have to check when you book. Each time I've flow with Lufthansa it's been a relatively new airbus. I recently flew to the US on Delta, now that was an ancient 747! It was the first time in years I've been delayed by a "mechanical" issue.

I flew with the old 747 about 3 weeks ago. My booking didn't go through but I had the reservation but in the end, ended up flying. About 2 hours late, but that was mainly because of bad weather

Thanks everyone
In the end I decided to buy an Air France ticket - the only cheaper option was Air Europa. Almost 300 pounds cheaper than BA!

Ashley said:
Thanks everyone
In the end I decided to buy an Air France ticket - the only cheaper option was Air Europa. Almost 300 pounds cheaper than BA!

That is a big price difference. I have no idea why BA is so expensive, the service isn´t that good. Hope you have a nice flight.

I always pay 600 euro including taxes, so around 1000 euro. I have done that about 6 times but I am also willing to pay a couple of 100 more for BA over Iberia and probally Lufthansa as well. I haven't flown with KLM since they changed there hub to Paris

With BA you can also easily make a stop-over of a few days in SP and SP is great to spend a weekend :)

I suppose it's the same for a stopover in London(for the ones who are in not in GB, like me)

I really like TAM. Flew 2 14h flights with them. The planes are new and comfortable and the food is amazingly good. The downside can be a long wait in Sao Paulo. That airport is absolutely shitty. Only good thing is a per hour hotel in the hallway between terminal A&B.

I had a very bad flight with Alitalia. Absolutely no attendance during the night, quarrels between the flight attendants (they are there for your safety for godsake) and the food is, strangely enough, very bad.

I can also advise a light sleeping pill (f.i. Somit). This ensure at least some hours of sleep which improves the experience a lot (as in not being ther, haha)

I am ex airline.....and I would suggest you check out www.kayak.com They will direct you to the lowest price avaialbe. Also try and travel midweek Tue/Wed, as airlines tend to lower prices during these dayzs If you are looking to travel over Easter....your price selection may be severely limited. One rule this old airline person always advised..book EARLY....you get usually the best pricing. As a reminder....if you want the least possible hassles...stay with the Carrier of the country you are flying British Airways from EZE via Sao Paolo to Heathrow....buenos suertes
Michael

Back