Alberto will not run for second term

If they had to, i.e., if voting was compulsory. But it isn't. They can stay home on the day, rather than vote for the JXC caste member most vilified by Milei (and Milei has said he won't endorse anyone).

I think there a case to be made that in the event it were Larreta versus K, the result would be very close.

Polls of voting intention need to measure those who would actually go to the polls under a given ballotage scenario like the one we are discussing. I'm not sure they do that.
I thought voting was compulsory.

If they had to, i.e., if voting was compulsory. But it isn't. They can stay home on the day, rather than vote for the JXC caste member most vilified by Milei (and Milei has said he won't endorse anyone).

I think there a case to be made that in the event it were Larreta versus K, the result would be very close.

Polls of voting intention need to measure those who would actually go to the polls under a given ballotage scenario like the one we are discussing. I'm not sure they do that.
Oh, I didn't mean to imply Milei would endorse Larreta, simply that Milei's voters are as fervently anti-K as the Campora is pro.

Some of the people who have been drawn to Milei recently that were apolitical before may not vote, sure, but I have a hard time believing people who buy what he's selling would tolerate Cristina being president again. Should the Ks run someone else, sure, I imagine many will sit out and it will be tighter, but that also drags down FDT voters too because she won't be on the ballot like in 2015.

I thought voting was compulsory.
It is. Every election, the newspapers publish this information, and explain for which reasons you may be exempted. And they publish the amount of the fines for people who don't vote.

But that doesn't mean that everyone votes. However, voter turnout is typically pretty high here, and I would expect it to be high in this election, especially from people who don't intend to vote Peronista/Kirchnerista, based on what I've seen in past elections here.

Scioli wants to be the sacrificial lamb same as last time.
Kirchnerism's best candidate is now Wado de Pedro. But knowing Kirchnerism, they're going to have someone without even a slight chance at winning run, like Massa or Scioli. I guess we'll see who Kirchnerism picks and what their platform will be. Only time will tell...

This Thursday Cristina is due to give a "Master's Class" in La Plata in front of her minions on who knows what.
Total self serving BS as usual. But it might interesting to see who she plugs as the possible presidential candidate.
I think this is the beginning of the end of Kirchnerism,... wishful thinking on my part.
Yes, unfortunately I'm sure it's wishful thinking.

Here's an archive link to La Nación's article about it. It makes me crazy.

Back