All Politics Is Local. And International.

Don't most Apple products say "Designed in California" on the back, yet when you buy it, it's actually been made in China.
Does anyone care if it was designed in California? Surely people care if things were made in USA.
Although Trump is for the most part a loud mouthed egomaniac, what he says resounds with some people who don't have the guts to say what he does.

If you ask 100 people in the US if they'd prefer that the iphone is build locally, I'd imagine the majority would say "Yes". If you ask the same people if they'd buy an iphone made in the US instead of China with a say 35% surcharge, you will probably get a "No" from the majority...

If Trump is elected and threatens to overtax Apple, an expected outcome is that FOXCOMM will setup a warehouse somewhere in the US to do the final assembly and packaging of the products. Ipads, Iphones and Macs will arrive semi-assembled from Asia. A few hundred minimum wage workers will do the final assembly and packaging of the products, and they will receive the "MADE IN USA" label. The products might get a 10% price surcharge. Trump will declare victory, Apple will claim that it brought the "jobs back to the USA" and everybody wins.

Sounds familiar?

Considering how damned expensive Apple products are to buy, would anyone notice the difference?

Don't most Apple products say "Designed in California" on the back, yet when you buy it, it's actually been made in China.
Does anyone care if it was designed in California? Surely people care if things were made in USA.
Although Trump is for the most part a loud mouthed egomaniac, what he says resounds with some people who don't have the guts to say what he does.
Depends on what I'm buying. I prefer my speakers to be Bose made in the states, my Bosch drill made in Germany, and my Doc Martens made in UK. Sadly, the reality now is that these are not true anymore and it is very noticeable. Names that I value(d) for their quality have changed into much bigger entities that are more interested in profit than maintaining their standards. Would I pay more to know that I can rely on a name I have come to trust? Sure... but a phone would not be one of those items I expect any longevity from.
I get the reason for the need to keep their costs down, but at the point when a company becomes so big that they don't produce at the same standards; then the country where the product is produced becomes less important as the quality drops too.

I don't agree; Kasich for instancr is much more of a traditional fasci. The fact that his Christian Third Position doesn t resoud ia due to thesad reality that the audience is at this poit trained to only respond to TV style "charisma" which may mean yelling offenses.

All apple products Ive seen so far say that designed in California made in China (onr has to guess they mean the People's Republic).
Ive seen a "Blu" phone proudly saying designed in Miami" made in Asia. You could tell it was designed in Miami rven without reading it!
Can't wait for a label proudly saying "designed in Fuzhou" assembled in El Paso / Juarez.

It is getting better, I mean worse or more like a circus Palin endorses Trump.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/01/19/politics/donald-trump-endorsement-sarah-palin/index.html

Of course Trump whom I now think of as Tdump loved the endorsement of these red neck brawling Palins.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/11/palin-family-brawl_n_5805816.html

Back