All the tariff increases that arrive in September

gracielle

Registered
Click anywhere on the article in Spanish to open the menu. Next click on Translate to English.
31 August 2023
Electricity, cell phones, subway and domestic service: all the increases that arrive in September.
On the side of regulated prices, in September the sixth installment of the increases in telephone, internet and pay TV services that the sector had agreed with the Government will be applied. It has been in force since May and includes a staggered increase of 4.5% per month until the end of this year.

There will also be progress in an adjustment in electricity service rates. This increase, which had been anticipated in the IMF staff report, will be applied to high and medium income households (for their consumption above 400 Kwh per month), businesses and industries. This is derived from the 11% increase that will be paid to electricity generators, to offset the increase in their costs due to the devaluation.
Although there was still no official confirmation, it is estimated that the impact on invoices will be around 5.6%....

A “tariff” in english, is an import or export tax. Those are just plain ols price increases, mostly by private companies.
A document filed with the appropriate government agency that sets forth the rates, charges, and other provisions
pertaining to services furnished by a business (as a carrier) or public utility.

Any list or scale of prices, charges, etc.
Webster's New World. Similar definitions
Any bill, charge, fare, etc. Webster's New World

Sergio showing how to lose a campaign again lol

"Milei and Bullrich = devaluation, utility bill increases, and more expensive transit, etc. while doing what the IMF says"

Massa: "Umm, here's a devaluation, utility bill increases, and more expensive transit. IMF says we have to do it."

Part of me thinks he's just given up and wants to lose so he can try and come back in 4 years with better odds

A document filed with the appropriate government agency that sets forth the rates, charges, and other provisions
pertaining to services furnished by a business (as a carrier) or public utility.

Any list or scale of prices, charges, etc.
Webster's New World. Similar definitions
Any bill, charge, fare, etc. Webster's New World
I see. So after I pay my tariff with my sube card to ride the colectivo, I stop at the kiosco and ask- how much is the tariff on that can of coke? Then I eat, where they deliver me two tariff sheets- one for the wine tariffs, and the other for the food tariffs. And if I buy an imported electronic device, they will tell me the tariff has gone up because the government has increased the tariff inside the tariff for the import tax on it?

When George Washington (best President EVER!) wrote that the government of the new USA should support itself with tariffs and not tax its own citizens at all, he was talking about a tax on imports.

But let's be honest. The prices MUST go up. They are too low. I agree with subsidies in some cases but the vast majority need to be eliminated. Electricity, water, gas prices are crazy cheap there. Look at the prices in most Latin American countries and they are very high.

I own properties in Mexico, Uruguay, Brazil, Argentina, Colombia and it's expensive in other countries. Granted, I don't think it should be like Mexico where it's as expensive there vs. USA but not like it is now. If Argentines want a better Argentina they are going to have to pay for it too.

But let's be honest. The prices MUST go up. They are too low. I agree with subsidies in some cases but the vast majority need to be eliminated. Electricity, water, gas prices are crazy cheap there. Look at the prices in most Latin American countries and they are very high.

I own properties in Mexico, Uruguay, Brazil, Argentina, Colombia and it's expensive in other countries. Granted, I don't think it should be like Mexico where it's as expensive there vs. USA but not like it is now. If Argentines want a better Argentina they are going to have to pay for it too.

For the man who can say, "I own properties in Mexico, Uruguay, Brazil, Argentina, Colombia" it is easy to say that others must pay more. But for those of us on the lower rungs of the old socio-economic ladder, it's not so easy to pay those higher prices the propertied man is advocating.

For the man who can say, "I own properties in Mexico, Uruguay, Brazil, Argentina, Colombia" it is easy to say that others must pay more. But for those of us on the lower rungs of the old socio-economic ladder, it's not so easy to pay those higher prices the propertied man is advocating.
Yes, of course you make good points but even my local friends that are struggling agree that it's dirt cheap. I wasn't always this way. I started out low and everything I have is from working hard. I always appreciated that you have to have some fair system.

All I'm saying is you have to have a fair charge and it has to be realistic. Argentina has to change things and it will be painful but it must be done. I'm only advocating that things must change. Are you advocating that Argentina should never raise any rates and keep subsidizing everyone until the end of time?

I also have family members in Argentina (Buenos Aires) that are struggling and I tell them the same thing and they also acknowledge that it's not realistic to continue on this path.

Back