Almond Butter?

indi

Registered
Hi all,

I'm new to Buenos Aires and am wondering if anyone knows of a store here that sells almond butter. Preferably the natural kind, with just roasted almonds/salt, but any kind would be wonderful.

Thanks!

Hi. I have lived here quite awhile, and cook all the time, and have never seen almond butter. what living here does do for you, culinarily speaking, is force you to be resourceful and make things that you never made before. Almonds are really common, so just make your own!

here's a recipe: http://www.cookingforseven.com/2010/04/almond-butter/

You can buy sea salt in a dietetica, or a store like Jumbo. They don't sell coconut oil here, but you can buy sesame oil & peanut oil in Barrio Chino, or olive oils and your more generic processed seed oils in any supermarket. The recipes I saw use a food processor, but you can chop and grind your way to a decent almond butter if you're willing to be persistent (and don't want to buy a processor or a blender).

good luck!

You can buy Almond Butter in any supermarket - it's in the same aisle as the clotted cream, natural yoghurt and cheeses that taste of cheese.

Good luck!

;-)

Barrio Chino..There are 2 Casa Chinas on Arribeños that have good natural alomnd butter..plus a shlew of other yummy products;)

Thanks Alzinho lol..boy do I miss a bit of irony in my labored Spanish and god to know the rubber cheese situation is a shared pain.

Alzinho said:
You can buy Almond Butter in any supermarket - it's in the same aisle as the clotted cream, natural yoghurt and cheeses that taste of cheese.

Good luck!

;-)

In the States it's on the same aisle as the good "chorizos".

Has anyone spotted a jar of almond or cashew butter lately ?

I have tried:
all the stores in Barrio chino
dietetica via monte
new garden
carrefour, disco, coto

Nobody has it :(

nikad is right...Cocina Verde has delicious almond butter (and peanut, cashew, pistachio, walnut...all kinds of goodness).

Back