Alternatives For Paying An Argentine Designer From Canada

If your boss goes to the trouble of wiring $1000 USD/month thru Western Union to Uruguay or closest country, I would leave it to the receiver to figure out how to pick it up.

He should just get a bank account in the U.S. There are different accountants and the like that can set that up for you without having to travel. Once done, he can have the guy transfer to his bank account, and from there use a debit card or whatever method of transfer. Anyways, doesn't paypal let you get a debit card?

Have you tried account to account with Payoneer?

http://www.payoneer.com/CardToCard.aspx

Might be a solution.

Tourist can open accounts in several banks in the US, but it depends on the bank. Citi allows it, Schwab doesn't.

Just curious, Schwab doesn't? I asked when I called them the other day b/c I'm honestly worried about one friend in particular who keeps all their money stashed in cash at home. A Spanish-speaking rep called back shortly afterward very eager to help facilitate the process.

As for the OP I'd concede that bitcoin is a possibility but they would probably have to travel to BA to cash them out. Otherwise you need a cueva.

Back