Am I the only person in Argentina that finds the term "chinito" offensive?

In today's La Nacion there's an article about inclusive language accepted by UBA.

Someone called me "flaco" the other day. I'm kind of slim, was it some kind of body shaming?
No doubt about it. And it's actually worse than you realize.

You see, the "o" at the end of "flaco" makes it a masculine word. That means this terrible person (no doubt a male white nationalist) also assumed your gender. No matter how overtly masculine you may look, this is unacceptable in 2019.

Oh and I hope he didn't ask you where you are from. Because that simple question is so xenophobic it hurts, as it implies you're not from here and therefore do not belong.

I suggest we protest in front of a govt official's house and demand they protect us.

Do better, world.

Ya, you're all right. We should keep saying chinito, negrito, judaca, turko, etc.

It's just the same as saying flaco.

These yanky imperialists should go fix their own problems before telling us argies stuff that we know best already! And we only use them as terms of endearment anyway.

People are so sensitive these days.

As has been said several times, all the bitches, faggots , negros and chinamen don't feel offended by these terms. They have no negative effects on them either. They are better off here,otherwise they'd go back to their own shit hole countries, right!!

They just understand it's Argentina, no harm is meant!

Really we should bring back the N word too.

It's a free speech issue after all.

*Facepalm*

(Yes, that was sarcasm)

Ya, you're all right. We should keep saying chinito, negrito, judaca, turko, etc.

It's just the same as saying flaco.

These yanky imperialists should go fix their own problems before telling us argies stuff that we know best already! And we only use them as terms of endearment anyway.

People are so sensitive these days.

As has been said several times, all the bitches, faggots , negros and chinamen don't feel offended by these terms. They have no negative effects on them either. They are better off here,otherwise they'd go back to their own shit hole countries, right!!

They just understand it's Argentina, no harm is meant!

Really we should bring back the N word too.

It's a free speech issue after all.

*Facepalm*

(Yes, that was sarcasm)

You could never bring "back" a term that was never used in this country...

They call me so many names I have a hard remembering them and all in fun I know they love me. Viejo Verde, trollo, Q haces gringo de merida, baludo, q ordinaro, no I cannot spell the language. But one thing for sure I have been called everything in the book in love and kidding around. Really it is the culture you have roll with it. Not try and put it in your culture in it that will never work. Besides life is to short.

Someone called me "flaco" the other day. I'm kind of slim, was it some kind of body shaming?

No doubt it was body shaming and contravenes Geneva human rights protocols. I'd be offended if I were you. In fact I am offended for you.

.... And, you can try to pretend no fight in Argentina ever started by the casual use of an obviously derogatory slang word...

Fights are often started for the most ridiculous reasons. Maybe someone blinked funny and another thought it was an afront to them.

..the ones who are part native Argentine...

What does that mean?

Chinito is not the word to address or talk about someone formally. As a diminutive its patronising and belittling in most cases to gringo ears but then Argentines diminutise words frequently. ''Paseme el vasito por favor'' or ''Como esta tu abuelita? Etc. Its a form of talking. No harm is usually meant and us gringos living here should understand that.

Ps if someone has already stated this point somewhere in this thread forgive me. Im so sorry..

Back