Am I the only person in Argentina that finds the term "chinito" offensive?

I´m rejecting the premise of an offensive and a racist question,
Zero racism does NOT exist.

Last edited:
I´m strongly rejecting the premise of the OP question,
Zero racism does NOT exist. Therefore OP question is offensive and a racist question.
So to raise a concern about possible racism is to be racist? That circular logic that makes no sense.

I´m rejecting the premise of an offensive and a racist question,
Zero racism does NOT exist.
So because racism exists everywhere, it should never be discussed in relation to any particular place? Basically, it should never be discussed period.

Here are my words again. Please don´t put words in my mouth.
The OP question was designed to connect the 2 words "Argentina" and "Racism".

The honest question should be:
On a world-nations scale of 1 to 198, how do you rank Argentina?
(1 being most racist, 198 least racist).

Zero "racism" does not exist.
Shooting Latinos is much more disgusting than "chinito", and should be the focus of this Forum, no?

Last edited:
So we can talk about racism in US but not in Argentina? Just because there is more of it in the US does not mean it's not a valid subject of discussion in relation to Argentina.

So we can talk about racism in US but not in Argentina? Just because there is more of it in the US does not mean it's not a valid subject of discussion in relation to Argentina.

Just because there is more of it in the US means there should be more discussion of it in relation to US.
I see NONE.

You´re only obsessed with Argentina.
Show me the money.

Just because there is more of it in the US means there should be more discussion of it in relation to US.
I see NONE.

You´re only obsessed with Argentina.
Show me the money.
Remember that I don't have a problem with the use of terms like chinito, but I think the original poster and others participating in this thread would say that more subtle forms of racism need to be addressed as well, regardless of where they are found. You show me the money and start a thread on racism in the US or the recent shootings. You're the one who seems to think we can't see racism in our own countries, not me; I've already acknowledged said racism. Also, it is a topic that comes up often in threads like this this and is discussed.

Remember that I don't have a problem with the use of terms like chinito, but I think the original poster and others participating in this thread would say that more subtle forms of racism need to be addressed as well, regardless of where they are found. You show me the money and start a thread on racism in the US or the recent shootings. You're the one who seems to think we can't see racism in our own countries, not me; I've already acknowledged said racism. Also, it is a topic that comes up often in threads like this this and is discussed.

Stan, I respect your views on this, though we may differ on some of the grey area terms etc.

That said, I really think you are wasting your time. These people here who think 'whataboutism' is a valid form of reasoning are just too far gone unfortunately.

Good luck in any case.

Cheers!

There is racism in Argentina, but it does not come in the form of expressions such as " chinito " etc I guess it has more to do with attitudes, looks, prejudice, education, etc

Stan, I respect your views on this, though we may differ on some of the grey area terms etc.

That said, I really think you are wasting your time. These people here who think 'whataboutism' is a valid form of reasoning are just too far gone unfortunately.

Good luck in any case.

Cheers!

Whataboutism, to use your favourite term, is perfectly valid when pointing out blatant hypocrisy. It seems to be your Godwin's law. You can't justify or convert others to your position so out comes -whataboutism- with a pompous rude response. (-'facepalm'-).

Back