Amazon purchase

Aurelius

Registered
Hi, has anyone purchased a computer from Amazon and had it shipped to Argentina? What was your experience? I need a new notebook and the prices here are extremely high. It seems that buying one from Amazon and paying the shipping and fees is significantly cheaper.

Hi, has anyone purchased a computer from Amazon and had it shipped to Argentina? What was your experience? I need a new notebook and the prices here are extremely high. It seems that buying one from Amazon and paying the shipping and fees is significantly cheaper.

Unless you are trying to buy something that does not exist here in principle, usually it's not worth the hassle, in my opinion.

Here is a quick example of current ML prices.

Tienda Mia. Might be an option ...check closely on the added taxes, fees etc before ordering it's decieving...

I've purchased via Tiendamia and via Amazon to a freight forwarding company, but never direct from Amazon.

But as others have said, check directly on ML first, sometimes the prices are the same or cheaper when the Western Union exchange rate, shipping, and duties are all factored in, and they do have US English keyboard layouts if that is a concern

The computer I wanted, still undecided, was on MercadoLibre but it was sold out. They only had one. I messaged the seller and they told me they were out and they never offered to tell me if it will be replaced. Anyway, I checked Tieneamia (thanks by the way) and I found it! It's offered through eBay. The price is still around 20,000 pesos cheaper than it was on MercadoLibre. The site also says I can save even more by getting a refund from AFIP. Totally lost on that.

The computer I wanted, still undecided, was on MercadoLibre but it was sold out. They only had one. I messaged the seller and they told me they were out and they never offered to tell me if it will be replaced. Anyway, I checked Tieneamia (thanks by the way) and I found it! It's offered through eBay. The price is still around 20,000 pesos cheaper than it was on MercadoLibre. The site also says I can save even more by getting a refund from AFIP. Totally lost on that.
You'll (maybe) get your refund a year later at 10% of its original value. Don't fall for that. Just wait until you go to another country and buy it there. Or pick a local alternative that is cheaper due to blue exchange rate. Samsung produ ts are normally cheaper here than in the US.

I appreciate the info. I'll look into Samsung to see what's available.

I appreciate the info. I'll look into Samsung to see what's available.
If you do, I recommend you satisfy yourself that the warranty arrangements for your product absolutely meet your requirements. I know that electrodomesticos are not computers but you would not believe the pantomime a family member has been going through in CABA with their broken, four-month old Samsung washing machine because the spare parts are warehoused offshore and Samsung won't even issue them to their own engineers in Argentina without a song-and-dance act first.

Back