American Airlines is crazy

All airlines are going nuts with their fares and extra charges. Argentina is becoming one of the most expensive places to fly to in the world. Oddly enough, the least expensive fare I could find for an upcoming trip was with American. I normally fly Delta but feel no allegiance to any particular airline at this point.

I have just purchased a ticket to colombia, and TAM worked out the cheapest to bogota by about US$300 when i wanted to go - high season/xmas.

AEP-GRU-BOG return = US$550

Internal flights in colombia can be cheap i have been told by locals. Was also advised to take bus from bogota to medellin as the country side is worth seeing.

I just did that exact trip in April.

You'll likely need to get a RT from EZE-BOG then get a domestic flight (Avianca) from BOG-MDE.

Another thing, January is the middle of the busiest season for flights between South America and the US. I've been flying between the continents for 10 years, the prices are usually double between mid-December and mid-February. For example, I had to pay $3200 to fly from EZE to SEA in January of this year, but my 3 trips since then have averaged $1600.

Check Lan.. it looks like 1300 dollars in Jan and about 1100 in Feb.

All the airlines are crazy.....

Cheapest dates to fly EZE-MDE in January are:

Jan 18 (u$s982.10 including taxes on TACA via Lima)
Jan 23 (u$s848.60 including taxes on Avianca)

In Feb the prices drop to around $750 including taxes.

Some of these flights might be a bit tricky to book. If you know the exact dates you want to travel, send me a PM and I'll check it out for you.

I fly American Airlines because I love frequent flyer miles, I love flying back to BA through a U.S. city so that I can pick up my online vitamins and Amazon books that I have sent to friends homes. Also, so that I can go to Target, Whole Foods etc. for things that are either not available here or are a much better deal there.
My comment was about the comparison of fares between a not too far away city and one that is very far away. I thought that the airfare to Shanghai would be at least double the fare to Medellin, while is was a few dollars less. There are few cities in South America where one can fly non stop from BA. I don´t mind changing planes.

Back