Aníbal Wants To Be President

Redpossum

Registered
Story here -
http://tn.com.ar/pol...esidente_498373

The part that troubled me was that, when speaking of reform of the penal code, he appeared to flatly reject the notion of any public referendum -
rechazó que deba realizarse una consulta popular para decidir al respecto: "No hay lógica que se pueda hablar de materia penal hablando con la ciudadanía", afirmó, tajante.
(emphasis present in the original text on TN.com)

Perhaps I am mistranslating, or just missing the point, but he appears to be rejecting something that seems to me like a basic concept of democracy. I admit I am not familiar with the proposed changes, and I certainly lack the deep background understanding, but is this really an attitude befitting a man of the people?

Perhaps someone here who speaks Castellano fluently could offer us a better translation than Google?

Perhaps one of you with a deeper understanding of the background could offer a summary of what we need to know about the issue?

To be clear, I'm not taking a position on the issue; I don't understand well enough to do that. I'm just pointing out the story and asking questions.

You should delve back a few years and read the things that he's said. He's ultrakirshnerista and an absolutely ridiculous person. His list of outrageous quotes could fill a book.

Don't get too worried. He has zero chance of being elected president.

Story here -
http://tn.com.ar/pol...esidente_498373

The part that troubled me was that, when speaking of reform of the penal code, he appeared to flatly reject the notion of any public referendum -
rechazó que deba realizarse una consulta popular para decidir al respecto: "No hay lógica que se pueda hablar de materia penal hablando con la ciudadanía", afirmó, tajante.
(emphasis present in the original text on TN.com)

Perhaps I am mistranslating, or just missing the point, but he appears to be rejecting something that seems to me like a basic concept of democracy. I admit I am not familiar with the proposed changes, and I certainly lack the deep background understanding, but is this really an attitude befitting a man of the people?

Perhaps someone here who speaks Castellano fluently could offer us a better translation than Google?

Perhaps one of you with a deeper understanding of the background could offer a summary of what we need to know about the issue?

To be clear, I'm not taking a position on the issue; I don't understand well enough to do that. I'm just pointing out the story and asking questions.

The moustache is a turd and If he becomes president.... Ugh. In this case however I think he is right.

If tomorrow we had referendums on penal codes in every municipality here, I wouldn't be surprises if suddenly we lived in a country where armed robbers got death penalties and squatters were sent to labor camps.

That's democracy but who wants to live in that kind of country

The moustache is a turd and If he becomes president.... Ugh. In this case however I think he is right.

If tomorrow we had referendums on penal codes in every municipality here, I wouldn't be surprises if suddenly we lived in a country where armed robbers got death penalties and squatters were sent to labor camps.

That's democracy but who wants to live in that kind of country

I agree with you, but this is what happens when elected officials prefer to ignore complex issues.

Back