An Idea Of Costs

SherbertDip

Registered
So, it looks like I will be spending a few months in BA. The dog (see other thread) will be staying in the US. I am looking for an idea about costs and where to live.

- Office located in Palermo. What are the approx. costs for short term, furnished 1 bedroom apartment in this area.

- What is considered to be the 'hip' part of town, the 'equivalent' of NYC's Brooklyn etc? And what kind of prices for a 1 bed apartment there?

- Can anyone tell me about private health insurance, approximate costs and whether a pre-existing condition is going to be a problem?\

I'm mainly looking to live somewhere where I can walk to bars, cafes, shops and also feel safe. A short commute by public transport to the office is fine.

I have never been to BA so any and all advice is appreciated.

SherbertDip

It still makes me laugh that Brooklyn is the "hip" part of NY. :)

Your office is in Palermo, you'll want to live in Palermo. It's generally the place for most expats, esp if you are wanting the bars, shops, etc. You'll probably prefer Palermo Soho vs Hollywood. Other option would be Canitas.

It still makes me laugh that Brooklyn is the "hip" part of NY. :)

Your office is in Palermo, you'll want to live in Palermo. It's generally the place for most expats, esp if you are wanting the bars, shops, etc. You'll probably prefer Palermo Soho vs Hollywood. Other option would be Canitas.

If you look at places like AirB&B and rentba the prices range around $1,000 USD per month for short-term, furnished apartments. Only if you get a two year contract do they charge you the local price.

Back