An Interesting Quiz: Test Yourself For Narcissism

I scored 12, and I agree with El Queso about the "absolutism" of many of the answers. Indeed, most people fall somewhere in between on most of these issues.

But I know a guy...

BTW, why does this ask for your age? I understand asking for sex (I usually beg) as we have to handicap the fairer sex on narcissism.

Perhaps some people become more narcissistic with age and some less so.

If you can afford the nip and tuck you will want to show off your face and body more as you get older...

...if you can't afford it you probably won't be looking in the mirror as often...

...or hanging out at the pool so much.

I scored 17:
Authority: 4.00
blueblock.gif
Self-Sufficiency: 5.00
redblock.gif
Superiority: 3.00
redblock.gif
Exhibitionism: 0.00
blueblock.gif
Exploitativeness: 1.00
blueblock.gif
Vanity: 3.00
redblock.gif
Entitlement: 1.00
blueblock.gif

PS: As I was taking a screenshot of the quiz I changed one answer and my score ticked up one point (from 16 to 17).

I scored a 6:
Authority: 3.00
blueblock.gif
Self-Sufficiency: 2.00
blueblock.gif
Superiority: 0.00
blueblock.gif
Exhibitionism: 1.00
blueblock.gif
Exploitativeness: 0.00
blueblock.gif
Vanity: 0.00
blueblock.gif
Entitlement: 0.00
blueblock.gif

But I have to say, some of the questions didn't "feel" right. There were a number that there should have been a third option, I think. Or maybe the wording was a little vague and I had to look at the other answer to even understand what the first one meant.

Like: "I expect a great deal from other people." or "I like to do things for other people". When I saw the first sentence, I thought, yeah, that's me, until I realized they were talking about giving or doing things for people, vs having them do things for you or give things to you. The fact is, I do expect a lot from other people in terms of their behavior, integrity, etc., but I never expect to get anything, in physical terms, from anyone else. When I do, it's a definite plus :)

Not to mention all the items about vanity - I don't like to look in the mirror all that much. When I do it's usually "Good god, El Queso, you've got to get more exercise and eat healthier and quit smoking - those dark circles under your eyes are atrocious, not to mention your growing gut!" Although I don't consider myself vain as a whole, I think everyone has some vanity in them, but the way the questions were worded doesn't really give me much of potential for scoring anything from vanity because a lot of it is related to looking in a mirror or being the center of attention, which are not things I care for. (and as I wrote that last, I thought, but I do write an awful lot on the forum - I don't do it for attention, but rather because I like to exchange views on things and give my opinion and try to convince others that my views have some merit. One can be vain in that regard, but none of the questions seemed to give the possibility to score that. Nor do I consider myself very good at convincing others, anyway. Still I beat my head on the wall...)

I went back and looked at the answers again and changed one that I was on the borderline for - it just increased my Authority score to 4, for an overall of 7. Heh. I suppose if you took the words out of one or two of the "vanity" questions from "I like to look in the mirror" to "I don't really like to but do it anyway". Or, "I like to look at my body" changed to "If I had a nice body, I'd like to look at it in the mirror", I might have a vanity score of 2 or 3 for a total of 9 or 10.

But don't put too much stock in these kinds of "pop psychology" quizzes, though. My ex-wife used to tell me I was a complete narcissist because I always wanted to control her - never mind I felt the same way about her wanting to control me! Anyway, it's all in the eyes of the beholder, eh? And I'd do a test for her, but I'm far too biased on the matter to be even close to fair!

Even given my ex-wife's opinion being a bit extreme in my opinion, I think I'm more narcissistic than the score indicates...

If you replace "look in the mirror" with "Reread multiple times my own excessively long winded posts", does the answer change?

B)

But I have to say, some of the questions didn't "feel" right. There were a number that there should have been a third option, I think.

Exactly. I started taking the test, then got annoyed and closed it. There were way too many questions where the answer was 'both' or 'neither' or so much more complex that 'borderline' doesn't cut it.

Does that answer in and of itself get me a score? Maybe. Could care less, I'm afraid.

I scored 17
Authority: 3.00
blueblock.gif
Self-Sufficiency: 3.00
blueblock.gif
Superiority: 3.00
redblock.gif
Exhibitionism: 1.00
blueblock.gif
blueblock.gif
Vanity: 2.00
blueblock.gif
Entitlement: 4.00

I scored 17 the 2nd time around.. but found the options to be too black and white. I find I often fall in the middle.. so probably a healthy 15 almost "movie star" amount of narcissism :p
Authority: 5.00
redblock.gif
Self-Sufficiency: 3.00
blueblock.gif
Superiority: 4.00
redblock.gif
Exhibitionism: 3.00
blueblock.gif
blueblock.gif
Vanity: 0.00
blueblock.gif