Another Question For International Travellers

Your prevarication is not very inspiring. In fact, things have become better since the button arrived.
Your command of the English language is far from inspiring, so I suggest you return to pre-school. Go on, run along and don't forget to ask mummy to wipe your nose.

I suggest you return to pre-school.

I think you already forgot the pre-school you attended, I was the headmaster there. Or maybe you were busy pooping in yr pants and did not take note of your headmaster.

Jeff 1234,

Just chill dude! This forum is meant for exchanging experiences in BA and helping each other along the way.

I am a frequent traveler and I pass through Ezeiza and AEP quite often. Though the security area has tightened up considerably compared to the past ; and yes if you are smuggling 100 iphones - you will be caught ; but for a average traveler, cos of the button, if you get a green light...and even if u have 5 suitcases full of stuff, you are allowed to pass and if you get a red light on the button, even if u have small purse, you are supposed to pass it under the scanner. And generally the custom officers seem more relaxed than previous years. But it does not mean, you can pass thru 100 iphones.

Sorry, if my words annoyed you.

Jeff 1234,

Just chill dude! This forum is meant for exchanging experiences in BA and helping each other along the way.

I am a frequent traveler and I pass through Ezeiza and AEP quite often. Though the security area has tightened up considerably compared to the past ; and yes if you are smuggling 100 iphones - you will be caught ; but for a average traveler, cos of the button, if you get a green light...and even if u have 5 suitcases full of stuff, you are allowed to pass and if you get a red light on the button, even if u have small purse, you are supposed to pass it under the scanner. And generally the custom officers seem more relaxed than previous years. But it does not mean, you can pass thru 100 iphones.

Sorry, if my words annoyed you.

This is all true, but is also what Jeff was saying. "As I understand, upon your return, if your luggage is examined and it is found then it can be taxed."

You suggested this information was a lie. I presume you know why it is a lie and in the interest of sharing information (which this forum is meant for), could you tell us why it is a lie so people can perhaps benefit from the information.

I came through last week, I had an old and a new laptop with me, so I was ready to declare. I filled out my slip, since when I bought the laptop I had forgot to tell them to make a separate bill for an external drive and a set of headphones, I was ready to declare those as well. Oh and I had a box of forster drill bits for my husband. So I had approx US$750 on my declaration slip. I was traveling with my son, so technically I had $450 that I could bring in. (I was not planning on declaring the new phone I had in my pocket). So it was going to be about us$150 that I would have to pay. After a 23hr flight and seeing the "Nothing to declare" line snaking past the carousels, and only 5 people in the "To Declare" line, I decided forget it, $150 is worth my time getting the hell out of this airport. In the end they didn't even ask me for the declare slip. We all put all of our things through the X-Ray, the guy asked me if I had any food - I told him I completely forgot, there were two bottles of Maple Syrup in there, of course I tried to explain what the hell that was, and he could not have cared less. He waved us through and didn't even ask me for the declaration form.

I suspect they are making a lot more money off the people in the "Nothing to Declare" line than they are off of the citizens who say screw it, I'm prepared to pay. Most of those that decide to declare either have something so obvious - a 55" TV for instance, in the case of the man in front of me - or are actually importing items and have a license for their activity.

I once came in through EZE with a lot of brand new clothing - with tags, still in packaging.
The guy made me pay 50% of the value I declared for it. First he pointed out the prices on the tags, when I stated that I paid nowhere near those prices he bought it but "decided" that I'm bringing it in for resale and had to pay tax.

Considering that he accepted my estimate of the worth, it was not worth going to war over it.
Then he pulled out my laptop, asking "what is this"? I simply answered, "it's my laptop, what's the issue? Look at it!" It did not appear new, had scuffs etc. That was the end of it.

Of note is that there was no suggestion of a bribe, and his demeanor did not appear that he was looking for one. Just doing his job. Go over there (pointing to the bank counter), get this receipt stamped, and come back.

I once came in through EZE with a lot of brand new clothing - with tags, still in packaging.

Once a year, I go to NYC for my clothes shopping. I usually remove all tags and fluff up the clothes and dont carry the plastic bags or boxes given by the shop.No one bothers you once that is done.

Returning back from RioDeJaneiro last friday, they never distributed the the Aduana Declaration Forms on the plane.
Also passing through customes, no one bothered to check or ask a single question of any one. Just run your carry on through the X-ray and on your merry way you go.
Why is that ?

(I did not buy anything there ... cellulars and compu`s prices almost the same as here ..... nothing significant to write home about.
Big TV`s yes huge difference, but what you goina do ... how do you conceal 85” tv?)

Returning back from RioDeJaneiro last friday, they never distributed the the Aduana Declaration Forms on the plane.
Also passing through customes, no one bothered to check or ask a single question of any one. Just run your carry on through the X-ray and on your merry way you go.
Why is that ?

(I did not buy anything there ... cellulars and compu`s prices almost the same as here ..... nothing significant to write home about.
Big TV`s yes huge difference, but what you goina do ... how do you conceal 85” tv?)

I always hide my 85"tvs in my shorts. No one ever notices.

Back