Anses - cuil

Popper

Registered
I know there is information scattered around about obtaining a CUIL but I couldn't find the information I needed. I went to migraciones last week and now have my CERTIFICADO DE RESIDENCIA PRECARIA and need to go to ANSES to get my CUIL. Has anyone done this recently? Do I need to make an appointment on their site? If so, can someone provide the url? Also, what do I need to take with me? Passport, the certificate from migraciones, anything else?

Thanks.

You do not need an appointment, but you have to go with some time as it might take 1-2 hs since their offices are always full. Go with your passport, precaria ( original and a photocopy ) and you should be good. When you are given a number, say it is to obtain a cuil number.

nikad said:
You do not need an appointment, but you have to go with some time as it might take 1-2 hs since their offices are always full. Go with your passport, precaria ( original and a photocopy ) and you should be good. When you are given a number, say it is to obtain a cuil number.

You could always have a much worse time than I did, but when I went to get my CUIL (as a permanent resident), the particular line for new CUILs was about 1 or 2 people long at most. There were *lots* of people in the office (on Paseo Colon near the Casa Rosada), but they were doing other things. I actually went three different times. First time there was a problem with my paperwork that we should have known beforehand. I was attended immediately, but had to come back. Second time I got it in 5 minutes. Third time was to change from my temporary number to permanent DNI. It was done at the same short-line desk and took 5 minutes.

Hope you are as lucky!

thanks to both of you - and can I go before the 30 days on my precaria?

I am not sure I understand what you mean, what 30 days? If you are under any legal status ( except for tourists and maybe students ) you should be fine.

I think once you obtain the precaria you have 30 days to get to ANSES office to get the CUIL. Popper, due to swine flu staff reductions, you may find that you do need an appointment at the moment. The happened to a colleague of mine last week. I don't know how to do that however, our company uses a gestor.

nikad said:
I am not sure I understand what you mean, what 30 days? If you are under any legal status ( except for tourists and maybe students ) you should be fine.

I read somewhere that you couldn't go until 30 days after you received the residencia precaria, so I wasn't sure. I return to migraciones with the certificate de residencia precaria 30 days after they gave it to me to receive the "real" thing - whatever it is. Do they put something in your passport to show you have a 12 month visa??

Popper said:
I read somewhere that you couldn't go until 30 days after you received the residencia precaria, so I wasn't sure. I return to migraciones with the certificate de residencia precaria 30 days after they gave it to me to receive the "real" thing - whatever it is. Do they put something in your passport to show you have a 12 month visa??

I honestly don´t know if they stamp your passport. I would go to Anses with the precaria papers that you have as of now, you are entitled to work with a precaria, therefore you should be able to get a cuil no probs.

Your precaria visa is your temporary visa. It will get replaced with another photo-copied piece of paper you have to carry around with you every time you leave the country. You get the residency visa stamped in addition to your passport every time you cross a border. Do not forget it!

You should be able to get your CUIL with just your precaria (i think) but best check with someone more knowledgeable.

Back