Anxiety / Panic Attacks anyone else?

GeorgeAus

Registered
Hey all,

The last week I have been trying to deal with High Anxiety which at least for me results in panic attacks. I am trying to relax but once it begins its a lot harder said then done.

Wanted to see if anyone else suffers from this and perhaps we could catch up and discuss. This might have stemmed from the fact that I been here 8 months and have had no work nor friends to stay occupied. The only person I practically speak with longer then 2 minutes is my Girlfriend as we live together.

By the way, I will be seeing a Psychiatrist tomorrow, and I am currently on Medication. The only real thing I found that works is staying occupied.

Thanks for hearing me out

George

I don't know if this will help you, but you are not alone. My advice is just really try and take it easy and take good care of yourself. Eat healthy, avoid sugar, alcohol, and do little things to make yourself happy. Also take walks look at nature, animals, these things are natural relaxers of the soul.

I am kind of in the same boat as you, I used to be occupied 6+ days per week, but since I closed my business. I haven't found a solid full time job that lasted, I started working at one company, in 5 months time they left the country, the 2nd company, cancelled our project after 3 months and left Argentina also - just remember it's not you, these are tough times, things ALWAYS do get better - keep an optimistic mind as hard as it may be right now, but DON'T pollute your body, you need it to be in optimum condition right now.

Hope you feel better soon - sending you kilos of buena onda
Cheers, David

Thanks David, I am in the middle of getting things sorted here so the Girlfriend and I can go to AUS. But it will be quite some time away. But I hope for everyone that remains here things start to pick up.

You´re welcome George, just keep your eyes on the prize. Everyone I know who has lived here and returned to live in their home countries has said how easy they find living after being here. I can't say because I haven't left Argentina, for several reasons I would like to stay now that I have been here over 6 years. However if I can't find steady work or the business climate doesn't change for the better, I eventually will have to leave.

if you are ronery PM me, no need to stay indoors look at all the people on this site for instance.

I agree with David as far as the keeping busy part.
Same happened to me some years ago from being extremely busy to nothing.
But then, anxiety/panic attacks can come round for a host of different reasons, even if you are busy.
I also found that alcohol made it much, much worse. Not that I'm making any assumptions on you George, just my point of view.
I drink just once in a blue moon nowadays and try to push myself hard both physically and mentally.
The new bicycle is working wonders and I am successfully ditching Rivotril for good.
Best of luck mate!

Hi George,

how are you? I'm sorry to hear this is happening to you.. I have experienced it myself and it's not fun! I have worked as a therapist before in the US and would be happy to email back and forth a bit if you'd like. Feel free to PM me.

Good luck
Meghan

Thanks for the reply guys, I am trying to keep busy and my mind off of the shitty thoughts but it proves to be difficult at times. I will try taking up spanish lessons again just to get me out of the house for an hour or so daily, and hopefully that does the trick.

Hi,

I had a very bad anxiety attack in September from extreme stress and thought I was going to die. Luckily I was ok biut it shook me up.

If I can share my experience;

1. Most anxiety attacks are caused by high blood pressure caused by stress.
2. When you next get an attack there are tablets which will lower your blood pressure instantly (ask a doctor).
3. It is better to change your diet as there are a lot of foods that lower blood pressure (unsalted almonds etc...).
4. When you feel strange AVOID all stimulants - Coffee, tea and sugary drinks etc... These will make you feel worse.
5. Since it is all in your head you need to find ways of coping with your stress - I told myself everything I do is for my own good so why stress it. This helped me a lot.
6. Whatever is stressing you out stop thinking about it all the time! Obsessing is really bad. If you are really wound up take a deep breath and concentrate on something pleasant. After a few minutes you feel better.
5. Any excercise is great and clears out the cobwebs.
6. If it persists see a doctor as long term high blood pressure is not a good thing. Though they will just put you on meds which have different side-effects.

Good luck!

They are not all due to high blood pressure....

Suff that generally help are

1- Avoid coffe and alchohol as much as possible.
2- sleep well
3- excercise and workout
4- get busy with stuff you like

Back