Anxiety Meds No RX?

YanquiGallego

Registered
I have a friend visiting from the States who is on Xanax, her bottle fell out of her carry on on the flight over and she will not be able to get the items back until she returns.
She doesn´t speak castellano and i have offered to run her over to HOSPITAL ALEMAN which offers a great emergency service, but she is embarrassed (dont ask) She needs them because she´s the type of person who freaks out over any little thing and is not having a good time in BA.
I know that in the past some prescription meds here didnt require an official script if the pharmacist felt there was just cause and the person wasnt buying them to get high.

Any ideas?

Anti anxiety drugs generally require a prescription, but there is no reason to be embarrassed about asking for it in Argentina, (where high levels of anxiety are almost normal).

YanquiGallego said:
I have a friend visiting from the States who is on Xanax, her bottle fell out of her carry on on the flight over and she will not be able to get the items back until she returns.
She doesn´t speak castellano and i have offered to run her over to HOSPITAL ALEMAN which offers a great emergency service, but she is embarrassed (dont ask) She needs them because she´s the type of person who freaks out over any little thing and is not having a good time in BA.
I know that in the past some prescription meds here didnt require an official script if the pharmacist felt there was just cause and the person wasnt buying them to get high.

Any ideas?

Xanax is Alprazolam and as such a Benzodiazepine. If she was taking it daily she might expect a harsh withdrawal since all Benzodiazepines are highly addictive. I strongly recommend to jump over your shadow and just go to the Hospital Aleman. They will give you the prescription without any problem since it is a quite common thing here. Go in. Wait 15 min. Talk 5 min. Walk out with RX.

There are some substances which may help available without prescription but nothing really as strong as Alprazolam and nothing whith the same footprint of effect...

get her to go to a hospital it will be easy and legal.
if not just walk to any small pharmacy and ask for it, say you lost the prescription. a few will turn you down, but you`ll get it eventually. it won`t work in big chains like farmacity it needs to be a small place. it`s very common here to take strong drugs.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Expat Life 3
F Newcomers Forum 54
GeorgeAus Expat Life 15
S Expat Life 1
T Expat Life 10
Back