Any alternative to Google maps for local directions?

Google Maps is my go to, but I've encountered instances where addresses are wrong, and bus stops straight up don't exist/were moved years ago.

That being said, I think Google Maps works for 95% for addresses, while Como Llego is best for transit directions (Google Maps is fine for the subte)

Google Maps is my go to, but I've encountered instances where addresses are wrong, and bus stops straight up don't exist/were moved years ago.

That being said, I think Google Maps works for 95% for addresses, while Como Llego is best for transit directions (Google Maps is fine for the subte)
The problem with being 95% accurate is not knowing where the 5% lies until after you have trusted it. I recently had a completely wasted day visiting another town because Google told me a shop and another business would be open. The shop was closed that day. The business had been demolished and replaced by an apartment building so that obviously hadn't just happened the night before. Yes, I should have phoned first but what's the point of having an app for everything if you have to check up on it all the time?

google maps also relies on businesses to keep info up to date. users can also submit edits when they find something is not correct.

when i lived in NQN, i regularly saw information that was out of date and routinely submitted edits to opening hours, etc. many businesses in argentina (especially outside the big cities) probably have little to no awareness that the public finds this feature useful.

i find in the US and elsewhere, people tend to keep things up to date moreso than i encountered in BA/ARG

I just got the moovit app. It’s been great. May take a little time to get the hang of the interface, but I really like it for public transportation. I got the paid version to eliminate the ads which were kind of invasive. But as far as charting the course from A to B it’s great. It also shows you how many stops you have until you need to get off and sends reminders to your phone like “Get off in two stops” which helps if you have 32 stops in the trip.

google maps also relies on businesses to keep info up to date. users can also submit edits when they find something is not correct.

when i lived in NQN, i regularly saw information that was out of date and routinely submitted edits to opening hours, etc. many businesses in argentina (especially outside the big cities) probably have little to no awareness that the public finds this feature useful.

i find in the US and elsewhere, people tend to keep things up to date moreso than i encountered in BA/ARG
This has been my experience as well for businesses; they don't care here like in the US or Europe

Not sure if you are a fast walker but it usually can't keep up doing a local stroll type walk and it seems to work better...no joke...I find checking the route in advance helps on google maps if know where you plan to go and then going into a shop to check if you have the "I'm lost" scenario
Seriously? How 1995
Thnx

I use maps.me as well. You don't need a data connection, it can work offline. My main problem with Google Maps isn't so much the bad routing (could we just minimize the turns please?) but the way it drains my iPhone battery at 1% per minute. I don't know what it's doing, but being Google it's likely uploading information it shouldn't be accessing :rolleyes: I've promised myself several times to change to Apple Maps, eventually Google will do something so stupid I'll dump it.
1%. !!! Thought it was me or my teléfono
Nice to hear others; hate to hear the issue

Back