Any freelancers here billing in USD/EUR? Central Bank wants to force pesification of your income...

I got an - unhelpful - reply back from BCRA, telling me that
los cobros de exportaciones de servicios deberán ser ingresados y liquidados en el mercado único y libre de cambios a través de instituciones inscriptas en el “Registro de Operadores de Cambio” habilitados por el BCRA.
No link to the Registro or any information which entities might or might not be registered. I can't find a listing using Google or Bing. So I again asked TransferWise if they were one such registered company. This is their reply:
We completely understand your concern. Rest assured that when we offer a certain currency route, that means we are regulated in the specific countries. In Argentina, we comply with the new BCRA regulations through our partner bank Banco Comafi. You can find everything you need to know about ARS transfers here: http://bit.ly/2lm4UfC. Hope this helps.
So, provided my clients agree to it, I'll try to use TransferWise to get paid to my local account. It is just so much cheaper - provided Comafi doesn't slap on additional fees. Does anyone know?

I got an - unhelpful - reply back from BCRA, telling me that

No link to the Registro or any information which entities might or might not be registered. I can't find a listing using Google or Bing. So I again asked TransferWise if they were one such registered company. This is their reply:

So, provided my clients agree to it, I'll try to use TransferWise to get paid to my local account. It is just so much cheaper - provided Comafi doesn't slap on additional fees. Does anyone know?
If you let them convert it for you, you are half way boiled frog. Then they tighten the screw more, as last time around.

I asked TransferWise on Twitter, and they said that yes, they comply with the new rules. But when I asked them by email, I got a much more detailed reply explaining how they convert the money themselves and send the pesos here, so they do not comply with the new rules and they even said I should look for other ways to transfer money here for exporting services.

So, while they are still a perfectly legal way to transfer money to and from Argentina, apparently they are not an option for exporters who want to comply with the new BCRA regulations stating that the 'liquidación de fondos' must happen via the MULC.

From what I can gather, Nubi do actually bring in the dollars from PayPal and transfer them in the MULC. If you search for them on Twitter you'll see quite a lot of people asking them, and they have provided some detailed replies confirming that they comply with the rules.

Having said that, I've used TW for some of my transfers in the last month. I've kept all the details showing that the transfer was made within 5 days. When it's so difficult to find out whether an option is viable or not, and you get so many different answers, we can only do our best. But I'm going to be using PayPal-Nubi from now on and bank transfers where I have to - just in case.

Anybody seen this? New from AFIP:

La AFIP a través de su página web comunico el siguiente aviso:
Exportación de servicios y otros conceptos

Te informamos que, a partir del 15/10/2019, se incorporará en la Factura Electrónica de exportación de servicios y otros conceptos que no sean salida de bienes al exterior, un campo para que se indique la "Fecha de Pago". La utilización de este campo, en el servicio con clave fiscal "Comprobantes en línea", será obligatoria desde el mismo 15/10/2019.
Para el método de Webservices, se implementará de la siguiente manera:
ETAPA I: El viernes 15/10 se habilitará un ambiente de prueba (homologación externa) para que puedan revisarlo.
ETAPA II: El lunes 21/10 se habilitará como campo opcional a efectos de que no detenga la emisión normal de sus comprobantes. Sin embargo, se deberá incluir a la brevedad considerando que posteriormente pasará a ser obligatorio.
ETAPA III: El lunes 11/11 finalmente el campo de "Fecha de Pago" pasará a ser de ingreso obligatorio.

Te informamos que, a partir del 15/10/2019, se incorporará en la Factura Electrónica de exportación de servicios y otros conceptos que no sean salida de bienes al exterior, un campo para que se indique la "Fecha de Pago". La utilización de este campo, en el servicio con clave fiscal "Comprobantes en línea", será obligatoria desde el mismo 15/10/2019.
ETAPA I: El viernes 15/10 se habilitará un ambiente de prueba (homologación externa) para que puedan revisarlo.
ETAPA II: El lunes 21/10 se habilitará como campo opcional a efectos de que no detenga la emisión normal de sus comprobantes. Sin embargo, se deberá incluir a la brevedad considerando que posteriormente pasará a ser obligatorio.
ETAPA III: El lunes 11/11 finalmente el campo de "Fecha de Pago" pasará a ser de ingreso obligatorio.

Anybody seen this? New from AFIP:

Yeah I saw that. I haven't done any facturas this week so I haven't used it, but I'm not sure exactly how it's supposed to work.

Are we supposed to put an exact date for when clients are supposed to pay us? Maybe I'll just put 'as soon as possible'. If we have to specify a date, I guess I'll have to wait until they pay and then fill in the invoice. Which doesn't really make sense, but hey.

Yeah, what 'fecha de pago' actually means is unclear.

Logically it would have to be the day the transfer arrives at my bank here. I mean it would be unworkable if it was any other way.

For example, what if I asked my client for the date they ordered the bank transfer, and for some internal bank bureaucratic reason it took more than five days to process?

So it has to be the day the payment appears as 'pendiente de liquidación' at the ComEx department of my bank.

The question remains, what if I'm on holiday, or I've gone back to the old country for a visit? - They return the bank transfer to sender.

It's f***ing nuts.

You're right, it's nuts. In the case where your client is paying you directly to your Argentina account, it would have to be the day the arrives at your bank here ready for liquidación. I can't see what else it could be. But as you say, you can't know that until it happens.

Isn't the point of the invoice that you send it to your client and they then pay you within a certain period of time (e.g. within 15 days)? Or does AFIP expect us to get our clients to pay us using an unofficial invoice, then submit the official factura when the payment arrives? I mean, that's fine by me, but shouldn't the whole point be that you submit the official factura to your clients and then wait to get paid?

I'm really hating all this uncertainty. What new rules are they going to introduce over the next few months to make it even harder to earn and receive money?

Isn't the point of the invoice that you send it to your client and they then pay you within a certain period of time (e.g. within 15 days)? Or does AFIP expect us to get our clients to pay us using an unofficial invoice, then submit the official factura when the payment arrives? I mean, that's fine by me, but shouldn't the whole point be that you submit the official factura to your clients and then wait to get paid?

Well as I understand it, at least in relation to the factura “E” for export, the ‘factura electrónica’ isn’t the actual invoice document at all. Before ‘facturación electrónica’ came in around 2014, in order to get invoice payments liquidated into my account, I had to go to the bank with my invoice (created myself in a Word document), the bank’s ‘solicitud de liquidacion’ form, and a quaint old thing called a ‘talón de factura E’, in which I filled out the details of the invoice by hand.
In those days, you had to go to an AFIP-authorised printer get a book of ‘talones factura E’ made. It had pink coloured duplicate pages, and you had to use carbon paper to make the duplicate copy. Apparently at that time, no distinction was made between goods and services, so the original ‘talón’ would be one of the documents you had to take to the port or airport when you exported your goods. In my case, I just photocopied it and presented it to the bank, I suppose to show that the income was declared.
Then came the requirement to create a ‘factura electrónica’ on the AFIP system. But that didn’t mean I stopped using my self-generated invoice, which I send to my client every month, and on the basis of which they pay me. A problem I had when the ‘factura electronica’ system started was that when my client’s accounts department queried some of the calculations in my invoice, with small adjustments to the totals, I would have to enter the AFIP system, cancel the ‘factura electronica’, and generate a new one. After a while I realised that the easiest thing is to wait until the payment arrives, and only then create the ‘factura electronica’.
Thus every month, when my payment arrived, I went to the bank with 3 documents: bank’s ‘solicitud de liquidacion’ form, my self-generated invoice (on the basis of which my client pays me) and the ‘factura electronica’. This is the documentation I’m once again presenting to the bank, without problems.
So as far as I understand it, the ‘factura electrónica’ is not for all intents and purposes the real invoice. Imagine if you were exporting to China or somewhere: you’d need to send the invoice in a language they’d understand. In my case, I’m exporting to France, so my ‘real’ invoice is naturally in French, following a format that their accounts department recommended to me.

Before ‘facturación electrónica’ came in around 2014, in order to get invoice payments liquidated into my account, I had to go to the bank with my invoice (created myself in a Word document), the bank’s ‘solicitud de liquidacion’ form, and a quaint old thing called a ‘talón de factura E’, in which I filled out the details of the invoice by hand.
Sounds fun!

That's interesting what you say, I've always done the Factura E in the electronic version as I started using them in 2017, and I've considered it the actual invoice. The system even allows you to change the language to English when you create it, which was another reason why I assumed that this was the actual invoice to send to the client.

I actually send them a standard unofficial invoice, but my old accountant told me that the number on my unofficial invoices should match up with the Factura E invoices, so that's just what I've done.

From what you say, the electric factura is not the actual invoice. That would make sense in terms of the new rules about the payment date, because clearly it's impossible to state an exact payment date in advance. So I think I'll just fill in the Factura E when I get paid from now on.

Back