any retirees on the forum

DJP

Registered
Looking to possibly retie to BsAs. Would like to hear any comments from persons who have retired to Argentina or people in their late 50's early 60's living working in Argentina.

Assuming you are from the U.S. the big problem retiring before medicare age is the cost of health insurance, in Argentina you can get health insurance at reasonable rates. It gets a lot more expensive after 65, whereas in the U.S. medicare kicks in. So for the early retiree I think Argentina is a reasonable choice because of health insurance, other costs aren't that much different, but you can live in B.A. without a car, public transportation is cheap. For the over 65 group your health care will probably cost more in Argentina, overall about the same as the U.S. or perhaps a bit more.

thanks for you reply.
yes I am from the US. Have been to Argentina many times and to Bariloche to ski as well. I have inquired about Swiss medical and gotten a quote for top line medical for U$S 320/ month. That is still cheaper than here in the US. For an individual policy.
I do not think I would want a car. What would a small apartment rent for in recoleta possibly. And of course there is inflation I know.

Back