Any way to pay online with CC and get blue rate?

SecretShopper

Registered
I have to pay the immigration fee of 600usd. The thing is that once it is time to actually pay at the last step, it changes to 63000 pesos.. aka 315 usd blue rate. Obviously I won't get that if I pay with my card. Only an Argentine card would get that. Before paying I just want to see if there is some way to beat the system and say 300 bucks.

See if they take rapipago or Mercado pago. I paid a recent gov driver's license fee only with rapi from my wu pesos.

Do you have any friends or family here that could pay it with their card, and you send them the money or give it to them when you arrive?

Do you have any friends or family here that could pay it with their card, and you send them the money or give it to them when you arrive?

Yeah that's the route I'm going now. Going to WU pesos to a trustworthy person there and they will use their debit card.

I have to pay the immigration fee of 600usd. The thing is that once it is time to actually pay at the last step, it changes to 63000 pesos.. aka 315 usd blue rate. Obviously I won't get that if I pay with my card. Only an Argentine card would get that. Before paying I just want to see if there is some way to beat the system and say 300 bucks.

Do you need a credit card or debit card from Argentina? Or it doesn´t matters?

I just always assume debit cards work even if it says credit. I could be wrong. It works like that in the US. But yeah could be wrong. Worst case I end up having to pay the 600 USD. It won't hurt my pockets but it will hurt my pride lol

I just always assume debit cards work even if it says credit. I could be wrong. It works like that in the US. But yeah could be wrong.

It is not always the case. A couple of years ago I tried to pay by a debit card at easy.com.ar (big home improvement store, local analog of the Home Depot) and it looked OK, but the actual transaction didn't go through. I contacted customer service and they said that they accept credit cards only, and I can not pay by a debit card.

Probably, all the situation with online payments has improved significantly since then because of the pandemic.

The fee from visa is different for credit v debit. Some merchants have tight margins and prefer only credit with its lower fees.

Back