Anybody else notice coffee recently not tasting good?

best coffee beans that you can find will be from puerto blest in villa crespo. they import and roast, and they’re the best positioned of the market to weather import problems - they have a stock of many millions of dollars of green (unroasted) coffee beans in-country, meaning they’ll always have stock of freshly roasted coffee
We prefer this. And we don’t have to leave Palermo Chico. Villa Crespo! It has no tranquil parks and plazas… cafelattente.com

Go to any grocery store and pick up a bag of coffee most likely it will be torrada.
I buy all my coffee from a BA importer/roaster that gets it from Central America. I'm waiting for the day when they start having issues with imports.
Would love a referral for good coffee please:)

What is that?
In much of the developed world, except Argentina, Spain, Italy - coffee is offered as light/medium/dark roast (dark includes such things as espresso roast).

These correspond to the color of the coffee - light brown, medium and dark brown. The argument for light roast coffee is that it has more flavor.

Italy has a tradition of dark roasted coffee, usually robusta beans, and espresso. That seems to have been copied here. What I have seen is intensivo and suave coffee

In much of the developed world, except Argentina, Spain, Italy - coffee is offered as light/medium/dark roast (dark includes such things as espresso roast).

These correspond to the color of the coffee - light brown, medium and dark brown. The argument for light roast coffee is that it has more flavor.

Italy has a tradition of dark roasted coffee, usually robusta beans, and espresso. That seems to have been copied here. What I have seen is intensivo and suave coffee
When "coffee" is packaged with sugar (Molido?) it's absolute crap.

To bring this up again while looking for a sensible alternative: coffee has returned to markets but it's predominantly all the crappy blends with sugar. One of two super premium offers, like Starbucks, are the equivalent of over US $18 for 250 grams (around 8 ounces). I'd never even pay that is the states. Any different views?

Back