anybody want to play soccer in palermo

I'd be interested as well if there's a team. I used to play a bit back home.
Cheers.

I might be interested, depending on the day/night.
Right now I play with some Argentine guys. They're all friends from years gone by and I just latched on. What they do is- RENT A MINI FIELD and then play 5-on-5 or 6-on-6 with just friends. Not in a league. Other friends have done this as well.
The places I know to rent fields are Parque Norte (near the River Plate Stadium), Parque Thays next to Retiro Train Station (more or a Recoleta area), Club de Amigos (closer to Palermo on Av. Figuueroa Alcorte... don't know if this is public), and a couple of places in San Telmo.
These fields are usually the size of indoor courts and often you use a futsol ball that is heavier and doesn't bounce as much.

hey gang,

i have been talking with the guy that runs a org called expat connection. he is willing to organize an actual event with a possible asado after a friendly game. i need to know exactly who is committed to showing up if something happens. if i can get 6-8 bodies man or woman to commiyt, he will take car of the rest. email me at [email protected] if you are. I know BsAsIrish is on board.

Napolean, in reference to your post - I am ok with renting a field (if it is reasonable price) however there seems to be plenty of parks in the area with available grass to play. Let's scout a couple places and set a date. I am in desperate need to get out and run around. if you group ever needs an extra body - i am always up for it - pm me and I will give you my #.

-cheers
michael

Pitch rental cost around 90 to 100 pesos for the hour. At least on a hired pitch as opposed to a park, you wont be treading in dog turd or doing damage to your ankles on uneven surfaces.

so this poses the question - who besides BsAsIrish is onboard for a match?

-michael

"michaelc" said:
so this poses the question - who besides BsAsIrish is onboard for a match?

-michael
Michael, i say we should try setting a date and time (subject to change) a week or 2 from now and get numbers together. Get that done and maybe we can get this running on a regular basis.

Set a DATE & TIME and then START A NEW THREAD.
That way people will know that it's something new as opposed to more posts on an old thread.
gracias for your efforts

Hi Guys there is a pretty regular expat game that occurs on Monday nights at Ocampo Ortiz, just the other side of the railway tracks in Palermo. To play you need to sign up to the group on Facebook (good for something) the group is called Ocampo Futbol, there are instructions there. People usually express their interest on Sundays, once we get the numbers sorted we make the booking for whenever we can get on. All skill levels are welcome.

Back