Anyone being affected by the volcanic ash and flight cancelations?

Rease

Registered
A lot of my friends have run into flight delays and cancellations due to the volcanic ash from Santiago. In fact, tonight I am going to a last minute get together to celebrate/make the best of an extra night in Buenos Aires for a couple of friends whose flights were canceled.

Has anyone else been directly effected? Any ideas on better routes to take to avoid the ash?

Rease said:
A lot of my friends have run into flight delays and cancellations due to the volcanic ash from Santiago. In fact, tonight I am going to a last minute get together to celebrate/make the best of an extra night in Buenos Aires for a couple of friends whose flights were canceled.

Has anyone else been directly effected? Any ideas on better routes to take to avoid the ash?
Lots of folks visiting BsAs have found it nearly impossible to return to the states or Europe over the past few days. Fedex can't ship my work to Miami. It's a mess.

Wow even Fedex is having trouble? That is bad. I am finding that anyone who gets a flight out seems to get it in secret! Airlines are picking and choosing people who need to leave the most and only sending a few flights with those people on them.

I have a friend visiting who was supposed to go to Iguazu on Friday but his flight got cancelled, so he cancelled that part of his trip, he was then supposed to fly home on Aerolineas last night, and they kept saying all yesterday that the flight was going to go out on time, so he went out to the airport, but of course the flight was delayed to this morning, told him to be back 6:00 am for the flight, so again he went back to the airport this morning and it was again delayed till 3:00 pm which of course Aerolineas insist it will depart at 3:00 when you call them, so he has just left for the airport once again expect I will see him later this afternoon.

I was to fly Sunday, got all the way onto the plane and they made us disembarque and now have been delayed until Thursday.

My wife and I were supposed to fly down to Buenos Aires this Friday from Houston on Continental. I am an airline employee so we travel stand-by....Now that is looking like a slim chance. I spoke with CO this morning ans was told Friday's flight is full but Saturday's is not....so we may still give it a shot. But then we would have to worry about getting out for the return flight.

I'm supposed to be flying to Miami tonight at 11:30pm... at this point I have no idea if or when I'll realistically be taking off. Since I'm a basketcase flier to begin with, I'm glad they are being extra-cautious, but I went ahead and cancelled the Florida hotel and train reservations I'd booked far in advance (and probably won't risk re-booking anything until my feet are firmly planted on Miami soil.)

Delta reservations and I are on a first name basis. One thing for sure, if the flight does not arrive in the morning there is not going to be a flight departing EZE. It is all a crap shoot. We could be here awhile.

my student was due to fly British to London today,cancelled and no seats available until saturday!!!

I live in Palermo Chico and DO occasionally hear planes leaving from Jorge Newbery Aeropuerto, though not today. It might be worth watching both to see if there's a chance a regional carrier gets away from BsAa to a city with a connection outside BsAs.

Back