Anyone being affected by the volcanic ash and flight cancelations?

I just changed my flight to leave this Sunday and had no problem making my reservation on Delta. I don't know if that means anything at this point but I have a confirmed reservation. What is Delta saying when you call them? I know they bumped my friend last Friday night and he had a confirmed seat.

I have two friends who got to the airport yesterday for flights to Miami (weren't canceled until 9:30 p.m.) My friend who was on American got a rescheduled flight tomorrow (helps to be platinum status!). My other friend who was on Aerolineas now cant get out until Saturday night.

Such a nightmare for travelers!

Is Cordoba airport open? Are any international flights being rerouted there?

Last week when EZE / Aeroparque were shut they were open, not sure about this week -- all depends on the wind.

Weds / Thurs are supposed to pour with rain here so that should clear everything up (and expect floods in the usual places -- ie Humboldt y Sta Fe etc, we're supposed to get a dump)

Right now I can't get the aeropuertos site up, probably too many people logging on, but they have been updating info there pretty regularly, so you could try looking up Cordoba airport and see if there's any movement.

http://www.aa2000.com.ar/

Our flight from Houston (CO53) was canceled last Thursday, and again on Monday. We are now scheduled for this Friday. It looks like the ash cloud is blowing out to sea, farther East than before. It looks like a few flights are starting to operate out of EZE.

My Friend got turned back again today at EZE, as his three time delayed flight finally got cancelled, and Aerolineas re-booked him departing next Monday, which won't work for him, so he is of to Mendoza and then Santiago by bus tonight to catch a flight out of there Thursday morning.

I had a flight Paris BA last wednesday 8th of june. Checked ezeiza in the afternoon and everything was OK. As we arrived at check in in Paris, they made us wait until they had news from BA. about half an hour before take off they said our flight (leaving at 23,15) was postponed till 2pm the next day at least -if good news from Ezeiza- but they gave us the option to jump on the flight to Santiago, leaving at the same time. Thats what we did. We thought that would brings us at least closer to home, and there are a lot more flights from Santiago to BA then from Paris to BA. And, worst case scenario, we could take the bus home.

So the next day (thursday) we arrived in Santiago, in time to hear that all the flights had been "delayed". Not one had been canceled. Around 11am we were officially told that all flights were canceled and we were brought to a hotel.

The next day (friday) there was still no news. I drove to the airport where they told me that if I don't put my name on a waiting list I would never get to BA. LAN hadn't told us that. I put our name on the first available flight, the NEXT day (saturday) at 6am. Hoping Ezeiza would be open. I was told that many people were on this list and that I shouldnt put my hopes up high. More then 10 flights had been canceled...

Meanwhile my husband booked a bus from Mendoza to BA, that evening, and booked a car from Santiago to Mendoza.

We decided to go for the last option : we drove to Mendoza. Our driver had a few problems on the way with his insurance, called another driver and we arrived in Mendoza about 3 h late. We missed the bus. (well we had been in time to postpone the bus to the next day). We booked into a hotel, next day (saturday) BA was open, we called the aiport and booked a flight. First enjoyed a great lunch outside in the sun.

Finally we arrived home. Saturday, around 5pm, 72 hours after we had left our country.

Lost a lot of time, but visited Santiago, crossed the Andes through a very beautiful road, visited Mendoza and ate well in both cities. Look at it as an extended holiday. :D

I have no idea if or when we would have gotten home had we waited for the direct flight PAris-BA...

A friend just told me that she had read that the volcanic ash is expected to keep Ezeiza closed for another 10 days. Has anyone read this?

austin said:
A friend just told me that she had read that the volcanic ash is expected to keep Ezeiza closed for another 10 days. Has anyone read this?
but Ezeiza is not closed,there are still certain flights coming in..or am i missing somthing?:rolleyes:

Back