Anyone else heard of US$1000 hairdresser service here?

Raymond

Registered
Surfing last night and came across a forum where a woman was talking about her hair straightening service she recieved here in Buenos Aires from a english speaking hairdresser USD$1000.00 thank you very much... I would love to know if this is unrealistic or not??? I have owned salons and maaaybe we charged NZD$700 for extra long hair (it was a few year ago though) but I may have to start offering this service too!!!... The woman was staying at the Four Seasons which means nothing and everything, but, wow! ... if said hairdresser reads this please explain what happened, signed curious.

If by hair straightening service she meant
a Keratine straighting, or laser phototonic straightening which take about 2 hours to do and the straightening last 3 months.
Then in many normal hairdressers the going price is 500-600 pesos

I did it one month a go but paid substantially less as I bought a coupon at one of the daily coupon sites.

US1000 seems a bit/lot much, he is either very very good, uses premium products and is very recommended amongst Four seasons concierge (who might get a % of that), He works for the Four Seasons and thus it is the Hotel that sets rates....
or very very lucky and able to reach the right target for his services...

Bairesgirl said:
If by hair straightening service she meant
a Keratine straighting, or laser phototonic straightening which take about 2 hours to do and the straightening last 3 months.
Then in many normal hairdressers the going price is 500-600 pesos

I did it one month a go but paid substantially less as I bought a coupon at one of the daily coupon sites.

US1000 seems a bit/lot much, he is either very very good, uses premium products and is very recommended amongst Four seasons concierge (who might get a % of that), He works for the Four Seasons and thus it is the Hotel that sets rates....
or very very lucky and able to reach the right target for his services...

Yes I think it was Kertaine treatment

Sorry but US$1000 is wayyyyy too much. She either got screwed or she meant AR$1000.

nope four seasons phoned and double checked USD$1andthreezeros

Well, if she's happy with it, then I'm happy for her. I just doesn't make sense to pay a premium here for something that is probably cheaper in her home country.

We were just talking about this recently. I was told it cost 250-350GBP in London and another girl said it was about 300-400 Francs in Switzerland. Maybe it included the price of the room! LOL.

For anything at least half decent, Argentina is more expensive than UK/EU/Swiss/US/OZ/NZ, namely if you are a gringo/a

Sometimes I think people just like to pay more for things. The more expensive, the better it must be, right? :rolleyes: Almost as a a way to flaunt wealth.

I know travel agencies sell tours to hotel through concierges, they pay an amount to concierges at big hotel to get clients and most probably hairdressers do the same.
Reina

without seeing the blog post, I'm not sure what kind of treatment this person had. But we were talking about this today and there seem to be some sort of process that takes around 8hr and is going for US$800 and up. Don't ask me what that process might be. It wasn't very clear.

Back