Anyone found Pedialyte?

A&A

Registered
Mom's (and Dad's too). So my son is just about out of the "bottle phase" and I was looking for an alternative to just milk and juice and was wondering if anyone has found or seen Pedialyte here in BsAs? (http://pedialyte.com/)

For those that don't know Pedialyte is sort of like an infant Gatorade. It is not as sweet as juices but has some glucose and other nutrients babies need but not so much sugar as adult versions. (It's actually a good hydration product for adults that work out but don't want the sugars of Powerade or Gatorade.) Also good if you have a flu or cold to rehydrate.

Thanks for the help.

i swear carrefour recoleta had it today when i went in... i was surprised to see it. Ill check again tomorrow

Reactions: A&A
There are many carrefours around town. I believe probably carrefour has a website. Regarding Pedialyte, I think it is sold in pharmacies.Let me know about it.

Roxana you are right the giant Farmica thing across the street had it... it was located near montevideo, the carrefour is in an old market building and the Farmica was across thee street. when i see it again i will pay better attention, sorry ive only been here since thursday.

Regarding Pedialyte, I think it is sold in pharmacies.

In the States that is totally true, although I think some larger supermarkets carry it. I went into a Farmacity here and the pharmacist had a product (I am pretty sure "over the counter") that was a citrus flavored powdered mix, but she was not sure if it was suitable for babies.

I will try and find the exact Carrefour. I think I know where Zack.com is talking about. The one that has the other food stores/specialty shops around the corner from the entrance. Now if I can remember how I got there. Will let you know.

Im a pharmacist, A&A. Most pharmacies carry pedialyte, and in Buenos Aires City supermarkets like carrefour have a pharmacist department, in the american style, argentinian version. Check on line for carrefour branches or ask at your closest pharmacy. In case at the traditional pharmacy dont have it at the moment, ask them if them can buy it for you (pueden comprarlo en la drogueria para mi?). Usually the pharmacy will be able to find it easily for you.

For sure dont try the powder, Ensure, because it has a formula with different ingredients, very heavy for a baby.

Good luck on your search!
Roxana

Reactions: A&A
Most pharmacies carry pedialyte,
here in BsAs?

I have been in a couple of Farmacity's and "no bingo". I will keep looking and thanks so much for the info. I will update on my progress for anyone else looking.

You can ask the pharmacy to buy it and sell it to you. Most pharmacies buy twice a day medicines. And remember to check the expiration date (Fecha de vencimiento) before paying.

Back