Anyone Have A Mechanic For Imported Cars?

Icabod

Registered
I have a 2008 Dodge Nitro, poco común, and I need to get the brake pads changed. YPF changed the oil before because I supplied the filters. But they said I had to be "socio" (member) to get my brakes changed. When I tried to join they said that they weren't sure about my vehicle. They sent me to the mechanic who asked that I bring the car into the garage - but then a guy said I couldn't enter the garage unless I became a socio first! For 800 pesos!

So, I am stuck.

I don't have any mechanic recommendations exactly but I know that the break pads on the nitro are shared with several other chrysler vehicles that are more common here and that changing break pads doesn't really require any specific knowledge of the particular car.

Thanks, I found a mechanic that will work on it. I will research the pads and see what I can come up with. Thanks for the tip.

any auto parts store should have the pads. Any mechanic can do the job. If you are feeling a pulsating sensation when you apply the brakes you may want to have the rotors turned.

any auto parts store should have the pads. Any mechanic can do the job. If you are feeling a pulsating sensation when you apply the brakes you may want to have the rotors turned.

The rotors warps easily if and when the brakes are applied to cold metal such as the brake rotors and more commonly seen on American brands. In order to " avoid warping the rotors" it is advisable to lightly touch the brake pedal insessantely a few times while in motion so to apply heat onto the rotor's surface, thus when the sudden hard braking is needed.Less proponsity on warm metal warping, vs the colder metals. We at Toyota/Lexus conduct very extensive brake and heat accumulation test on our vehicles. test,test and more relentless tests in order to satisfy the demanding needs of our customers. Also, have your tires inflated always to the "max pressure" as described on the side wall of your vehicle's tires. Guaranteed to earn you a quantum leap on gas economy and preserve the tire's life way longer..

Back