Anyone Interested In Being A Partner In A Sports Bar Here???

argsteve

Registered
I am sure i will get some people commenting ...saying are you crazy!!! I want to get into the bar business....

I just am seeing if there is anyone living here... that is into the idea of being partners in a money making existing sports bar... turn key ready to go...

All my friends would do it BUT they either have no money or no time! It has to be someone who can commit time to working there.... a bar here is not a one day a week thing.... so someone who is not working full time or has 3 kids etc etc... it takes the right person.

So it would be great to find 2 even 3 other people who have some time and money for such a project... please write if interested send me a message for more info or to chat about it....

It might sound weird to bring strangers into a business but sometime it is better than friends!!! ... cheers :D

A bar is one of the best things you could invest in in BA nowadays, in my opinion. I have friends that own a very popular bar here with two locations. I don't know the sports bar side of things too much, but my friends are looking for the 18- to 25-year-old partying crowd.

To list some of their problems: coima from inspectors and being shut down for over-crowding (licenses for high-volume are not being issued much here, without some serious legal muscle to force the guys who give out the certificates to actually issue them because of CroMagnon). Suppliers. Damages from customers.

Sports bars here may only have big crowds when there is good futbol on the tele, though I could be wrong about that. Without fairly consistent big crowds you may not have a very good margin. Of course, that's based on the crowds my friends are attracting They also don't care about the food that is served (more worried about cheap pitchers of beer) so they serve crappy food without any desire to improve anything on that side of things.

I'd probably go in on it with you except I don't have that kind of money and work too much as it is :)

Thanks Queso... I understand what you are saying.... yes it is about the only business thing i would want to try as well...
It is just such an amazing opportunity..I had to ask around.... I just think you have to be there... just cant just all be silent partners and have no real owner management in the bar..... you need 3 people really to share the load...

Yes i know the young crowd is all about cheap beer etc... but this is a nice cool expat place with sports... sort of caters to all ages is just a bar but has sports as well....makes great money... owner is just burned out after 9 years........ I have some friends who of course that are interested but have kids and full time jobs and just dont have the time to even take 2 or 3 days a week commitment..... well i will hope for that one or two bored expat to write me :p well anyone write me for more info...

Would definitely be interested, but don't have any plans on moving back Argentina until late next year at the earliest. If you do open one, let us know and I'll at least drink there when I am in town.

a few people wrote me.... yes it is a sports bar in recoleta ---- i know my profile says mar del plata... but the bar is in cap fed

Let's see. Bribes, extortion by drug dealers and the taxman, rigid labor laws, the inability to repatriate any profits... What's not to like? Sign me up.

Back