Anyone interested in exchanging cash Pesos for online USD (PayPal, Payoneer)

The risk with PayPal is that it's possible for the "buyer" (the one who transfers the PayPal) to make a claim to PayPal and get the transaction reversed. I don't know the details of how people do this, and I'm not suggesting that the poster here would do it. But because of this possibility, I personally wouldn't take PayPal in exchange for cash from most people.

The risk with PayPal is that it's possible for the "buyer" (the one who transfers the PayPal) to make a claim to PayPal and get the transaction reversed. I don't know the details of how people do this, and I'm not suggesting that the poster here would do it. But because of this possibility, I personally wouldn't take PayPal in exchange for cash from most people.

The other issue with PayPal is that unless it’s a US account, there’s a nice fee attached.
For a substantial sum, a simple bank wire is cheaper.
Payoneer isn’t free either.

I see your point, no offense taken, yeah that’s something that can happen, but for personal transfers (assuming the USD receiver is not a business account who have an online store) there is no risk as there are no “refunds” for personal transfers.

The other issue with PayPal is that unless it’s a US account, there’s a nice fee attached.
For a substantial sum, a simple bank wire is cheaper.
Payoneer isn’t free either.
Are you sure? I have a PayPal that is not a US account and I only pay 1% for transfers. Fees gonna be on me.
Payoneer to Payoneer transfers are free of charge (no transaction fees), 1000% sure about the latter.

Last edited:
Are you sure? I have a PayPal that is not a US account and I only pay 1% for transfers. Fees gonna be on me.
Payoneer to Payoneer transfers are free of charge (no transaction fees), 1000% sure about the latter.

Funny, most people sending me with a foreign PayPal usually pay more. If you know it’s just 1% great.

Payoneer to Payoneer perhaps, but at some point the money has to be withdrawn to actual funds, and AFAIK that’s where charges come into play.

Funny, most people sending me with a foreign PayPal usually pay more. If you know it’s just 1% great.

Payoneer to Payoneer perhaps, but at some point the money has to be withdrawn to actual funds, and AFAIK that’s where charges come into play.
Why would anyone buys USD in order to withdraw it to local bank to be converted to Pesos again? It defies the purpose (unless it’s a long term investment based on the hope that the Pesos will lose value to USD)

I think in the case of Argentina and other countries (including mine) people who buys USD are mostly people who wanna bypass the quota of how much foreign currency they can spend online or take out of the country, someone who’s gonna travel aboard and needs USD...

Back