Anyone interested in exchanging cash Pesos for online USD (PayPal, Payoneer)

damian678

Registered
Hello guys,

I will be landing in Buenos Aires on the 7th December and I’m gonna need Pesos. I’ve heard that Withdrawal fees are high as well as the max limit is low, that’s why I thought if someone is interested in exchanging Pesos (cash) for USD (I can send you USD via Payoneer or PayPal), that would be awesome!

Of couse we’ll need to meet in person in order to complete the transaction.

Please let me know if interested.

Thanks,
Abdo

Hello guys,

I will be landing in Buenos Aires on the 7th December and I’m gonna need Pesos. I’ve heard that Withdrawal fees are high as well as the max limit is low, that’s why I thought if someone is interested in exchanging Pesos (cash) for USD (I can send you USD via Payoneer or PayPal), that would be awesome!

Of couse we’ll need to meet in person in order to complete the transaction.

Please let me know if interested.

Thanks,
Abdo

Sounds like you're going to need a xoom accnt. Xoom is a Paypal com.
You can send $$ from a US bank accnt to BA using xoom .
Don't use the ATM's here they're a total rip off.

Sounds like you're going to need a xoom accnt. Xoom is a Paypal com.
You can send $$ from a US bank accnt to BA using xoom .
Don't use the ATM's here they're a total rip off.

Thank you! I was not aware of this app, I’ll have an eye on it :)

For such a short stay,you'd be better off if bring cash (find out what is the max allowed), per person.
That would be more than enough.The problem with PAYPAL is that it takes acouple of days to clear, so I would be hanging in the air in the meantime, and so anybody else.
You only will have to be careful with the trip from the airport to BA, do not take a regular taxi, but travel with a responsible company like TIENDA LEON,etc.
You can use you CC cards too.

For such a short stay,you'd be better off if bring cash (find out what is the max allowed), per person.
That would be more than enough.The problem with PAYPAL is that it takes acouple of days to clear, so I would be hanging in the air in the meantime, and so anybody else.
You only will have to be careful with the trip from the airport to BA, do not take a regular taxi, but travel with a responsible company like TIENDA LEON,etc.
You can use you CC cards too.

I could bring USD cash but that’s gonna cost me in withdrawal from Payoneer to my local currency, then exchange them again for USD, I’ll be losing quite some money.

Are you sure about PayPal? I’ve done PayPal transfers countless times and they are instataneous, maybe what takes time is withdrawing money from PayPal to bank account.

Thank you for the tip about the airport, I had no clue!

Excuse me, what is the problem of putting USD bills in your wallet and bring it with you. Have you done it before?

Excuse me, what is the problem of putting USD bills in your wallet and bring it with you. Have you done it before?
I’m not from the US so if I wanna get USD in cash, I’ll have to withdraw money from Payoneer to my local bank account (fees, not a good convertion rate) in Moroccan Dirham, then convert them to USD (unfavorable convertion rate)... it’s gonna be costly. That’s why in my case it’s easier to just send someone USD via PayPal and get the equivalent in Pesos, cash.

FYI.:I forgot to mention that xoom only works with a US bank account.Not familiar with Payoneer.

Back