Anyone interested in motorbikes?

magicmelton

Registered
Evening all,

I'm caught between kamikaze locals and sleepy pensioners everytime I go out on the bike. Anyone fit between those categories?

Steve

I'm planning to buy a motorbike in Chile start of summer and head down Patagonia way for a couple of months. A definite newbie to biking so no expert by any means.

Not sure about riding around BA, seems a little crazy.

The are a few motorcyclists on the forum, we started a thread some months ago but didn't organize anything... yet (maybe better in spring now).

Deeve : if you're on a tourist visa, you can also consider buying a foreign motorcycle in this region -illegal to buy on Argentinean soil, important point- (you'll pay a KLR650 like around 1500/2000 USD) since you'll be able to cross the borders with it.

I wanted to bring my bie from Europe but it seems very difficult anyone has tried that how it works its a Honda Dominator best Heike

Why would that be difficult iosono ?

Upon entering the Argentinean territory, the Customs will deliver you a "Declaracion Jurada / Admission temporaria vehiculos de turistas" (form number OM 1867 A).

Many foreigners come here with their vehicles.

Also, if you intend to stay in the region for +6 months (two times 3 months as a tourist), that's no problem :
http://200.69.252.41/hypersoft/Normativa/NormaServlet?id=11624
(see : Aviso 43/02).

One tip : NEVER EVER overstay the period that was given to you by the Customs for your vehicle. You're at risk of losing it.

I've been riding my 250 to and from Olivos every day for nearly 2 years now. You just need to keep your wits about you and be very careful in dodgy areas when it's dark.
The main hazard so far has been the number of times I've been stopped at Police control points, either fixed or random.
They seem to target bikes more than cars and it can be a pain.
Having said that, it's still liberating and enormous fun.

I have a Chile registered bike Yamaha AG200 and rode it to Argentina. I would like to sell it but have problems due to Chile registration, any advice? or do I have to take it all the way to Chile?

cheers

Back