Anyone interested in sharing experience with permiso de ingreso?

zancudito

Registered
Hi,
A company is helping us to obtain residency visas in Argentina. Mid January they presented all our documents to Migraciones. They also requested a pronto despacho. Permisos de Ingreso were supposed to be ready Jan 31st. Migraciones says they are only waiting to hear back from Interpol. Does anyone know how long this could take?
Classes are about to start and we are worried this step could take forever.

zancudito said:
Hi,
A company is helping us to obtain residency visas in Argentina. Mid January they presented all our documents to Migraciones. They also requested a pronto despacho. Permisos de Ingreso were supposed to be ready Jan 31st. Migraciones says they are only waiting to hear back from Interpol. Does anyone know how long this could take?
Classes are about to start and we are worried this step could take forever.

Interpol???? I've never heard such a thing. The whole thing should take about 4-6 weeks.

mini said:
Interpol???? I've never heard such a thing. The whole thing should take about 4-6 weeks.

The intermediate agency told us initially 30 to 45 days... then they told us not to worry because they were going to "expedite" and talked about only 10 days and suddenly they have no clue because Migraciones is waiting for Interpol... :confused:
I hope it takes less than 6 weeks.

Well, where are you from?
If Argentina don´t ask for visa for arrive to the country, just come as a turist. Once here you can see your file and see what is going on.
Pronto despacho are useless at DGM.
Regards

zancudito said:
The intermediate agency told us initially 30 to 45 days... then they told us not to worry because they were going to "expedite" and talked about only 10 days and suddenly they have no clue because Migraciones is waiting for Interpol... :confused:
I hope it takes less than 6 weeks.

Maybe they were going to "try" to expedite it. But that never happens. "They" tell us that because they think it will make us happy. Four - 6 weeks (ie. 30-45 days) is quite normal.

I'm still rather curious about the Interpol thing. First time I've heard that, and we all know there's a first time for everything. Did you have a police report from all the countries you have lived in for the last 5 years included in your paper work?

mini said:
Maybe they were going to "try" to expedite it. But that never happens. "They" tell us that because they think it will make us happy. Four - 6 weeks (ie. 30-45 days) is quite normal.

I'm still rather curious about the Interpol thing. First time I've heard that, and we all know there's a first time for everything. Did you have a police report from all the countries you have lived in for the last 5 years included in your paper work?

You are right when you say, there is a first time for everything but I am also curious about the Interpol thing. At this point, I do not know what to believe and I might be getting a little bit paranoic about all this visa thing.
I try to contact Migraciones by email and they did not reply back.
Long ago we did the FBI background check, we also did another background check in our home country. County police record will be shown at the consulate.

Bajo_cero2 said:
Well, where are you from?
If Argentina don´t ask for visa for arrive to the country, just come as a turist. Once here you can see your file and see what is going on.
Pronto despacho are useless at DGM.
Regards

As tourist yes.. we can stay but our company follows "procedures"
Good to know pronto despacho is useless.

Back