Anyone seen Greek kalamata olives here?

rob0001

Registered
Since it seems impossible to find regular black olives I can use these if I can find them. Any ideas?

and many other places.
Great...never seen a true black olive in this country...yes, I have seen the color black but never the taste.
I'll go there.

Great...never seen a true black olive in this country...yes, I have seen the color black but never the taste.
I'll go there.
Neither have I seen a true black kalamata olive. What is shown in the article is like a pink Olive, in wine vinegar.

1719236479330.png

Neither have I seen a true black kalamata olive. What is shown in the article is like a pink Olive, in wine vinegar.

View attachment 9841
Those olives look like they've been soaked in ferrous gluconate. It's been so long since I've had an actual Kalamata olive, I don't remember the taste, but Molanes (molanes.com) do some that are the right colour at least, including "Greek style" olives in oil. YMMV. Available in select supermercados chinos.

I always buy regular black olives in my local supermarket. As to greek olives, I have seen them in the past in the gourmet section of biger supermarkets (they might not be labelled as "Kalamata" but they are greek olives). I am sure that you may find them also at our delis where they sell cold cuts, called "fiambrerias/queserias" and some markets like Mercado del Progreso.

Back