Anyone willing to bring a package from USA?

syngirl

Registered
I'm looking to order a dress online but they only do delivery to the USA. I could have it delivered to US and then get it sent down here, but I'm a bit iffy about receiving it, and I'd prefer to get by March 1st if possible, 15th at the latest.

Is there anyone coming down from the USA that would be willing to bring it down for me? Or can anyone recommend a surefire way of getting it here without having it end up in customs for months etc.

When is the soonest I would be able to pick it up? I am currently in Miami.

Hate to seem greedy or something like that, but.... would there be any compensation? That 131$ "fee" sucks.

Thanks!

The $131-- do you mean for entering Argentina? Sorry, lol, I'm not paying that for you -- I'm looking for someone who is coming here anyway, so has already understood they are paying their entry fee. $131 is pretty high compensation, I'd be willing to pay something, but certainly not that high.

I'd have to call and find out how much the package weighs and the dimensions, but it shouldn't be more than 8 pounds (and that seems a lot, 4 kg), so I don't think that it is going to cause you to have to bring an extra piece of luggage just for it. If it really did make you have to bring another piece of luggage, sure I'd cover the luggage fees. I can also come and pick it up wherever you are.

I know it says 1-2 days before leaving warehouse, so even if I ordered it right now it wouldn't arrive at yours until at least 5 Feb, probably 8 Feb (monday) -- so don't even know if that would work for you. Let me know -- if it does maybe we can work something out so we're both happy!

If you dont find someone, you can try SkyBox: http://www.skybox.net/shopping_in_usa.aspx

We used them once to import a large package (120 lbs) we bought at Amazon, and got it delivered to our door.

You buy online and ship it to their Miami address. Then they ship it to Argentina and take care of getting it through customs, and to your door. You will likely pay duties and service fee on anything you purchase, but they have a calculator online that will help you estimate the costs beforehand. Good luck! ;)

Sorry I wasn't even thinking all the 131 that would be crazy! How about... 30? Or I would definitely take a cell phone or anything like that in trade :)

I planning on leaving the evening of the 4th, but I am a furloughed airline pilot so I can basically leave anytime. I do have some appointments on that Monday and would like to get there a day or two before to get settled...

Let me know what you think about that?

2GuysInPM said:
If you dont find someone, you can try SkyBox: http://www.skybox.net/shopping_in_usa.aspx

We used them once to import a large package (120 lbs) we bought at Amazon, and got it delivered to our door.

You buy online and ship it to their Miami address. Then they ship it to Argentina and take care of getting it through customs, and to your door. You will likely pay duties and service fee on anything you purchase, but they have a calculator online that will help you estimate the costs beforehand. Good luck! ;)

Good to know, thanks!

Seriously, don't bring other people's stuff through customs and don't ask anyone to do it. There are hundreds of people rotting in some 3rd world prisons right now for doing that.

I don't see what the problem would be in I inspected the dress and made sure it was all on the up and up(i'm sure it is)

What's wrong with a friend bringing something to another friend?;)

They hide drugs in anything, including clothes. If you know the girl, then it is fine. Although there are several people in prison in for example Thailand who thought they knew the person they were carrying a package for.

The difference is here that she asked other people that she do not know.

Thanks for your concern and warning. I understand that some people are sneaky... but I also understand her situation...

Other things that would make me feel better: the package would come sealed from clothing manufacturer. Now if she has someone at the clothing factory plant something in the dress and then ship it to me to bring it to her... she is much more involved in the trafficking business and would not need to mess with a message board and a small fry like me.

So the way I see it I am not taking a package from a person like I think you were referring to in your post but a clothing manufacturer.

I don't know... that makes sense to me!

Back