Anyone with experience finding a place in Mendoza?

Maury_Finkle

Registered
Hey everyone, just found this page. I've lived In BA and Cordoba, and I'm looking to experience Mendoza.

How do I find a good landlord? Do you think living near the main part of the city is a good idea?

Let me rephrase that then. Where do I find a good apartment?

I was thinking of AirBNB-ing and asking around, but is there a website you can reccomend?

As someone who lived in Mendoza for two years I would recommend you to avoid living in the area mentioned above, it's far from being safe and beautiful. As an expat your best bets are 5ta sección (between the park and Av Belgrano), barrio Bombal of Godoy Cruz or areas down south (Chacras, Vistalba, etc) if you have a car. Guaymallén can be a hit or miss but San José/Pedro Molina is a big no no imo. You'd better airbnb something and look around, it's pretty obvious once you get there.
Zonaprop and InmoUP have decent choice of apartments once you decide the area.

As someone who lived in Mendoza for two years I would recommend you to avoid living in the area mentioned above, it's far from being safe and beautiful. As an expat your best bets are 5ta sección (between the park and Av Belgrano), barrio Bombal of Godoy Cruz or areas down south (Chacras, Vistalba, etc) if you have a car. Guaymallén can be a hit or miss but San José/Pedro Molina is a big no no imo. You'd better airbnb something and look around, it's pretty obvious once you get there.
San Jose Guaymallen is a quiet residential neighborhood 5 blocks from the city center. As someone who _lives_ in Mendoza, I wouldn't be recommending it or renting apartments there if it weren't safe or nice. It isn't gringo ridden, that's true, but for someone who's not looking to be a tourist forever, that is a good thing

As someone who lived in la Quinta Sección in Mendoza for ten years, I second that. https://www.google.com/maps/search/...245,-68.8570616,1539m/data=!3m1!1e3?entry=ttu

My advice is to rent a tourist apartment, and join the people (expats, mendocinos, tourists) who meet once a week in/outside a bar in the avenue Aristides Villanueva. One of the members usually has a relative or friend or know someone who has a house or an apartment to let. That's how I found my great home for ten years.

The Tuesday group in Aristides:

Or else some reasonably reliable companies:
'https://www.buscainmueble.com/departamentos/alquiler/mendoza

Last edited:
A very popular real estate website here in Mendoza is InmoClick: https://inmoclick.com/inmuebles-en-alquiler

Regarding the area: I agree that Quinta Sección is probably the best area if you want to live near the center. Or better/safer/quieter: look for something further south like Chacras de Coria and surrounding areas (Carrodilla, Vistaalba, calle Boedo in Maipu, etc.). Also, Mendoza is not the safest place anymore. Maybe consider a barrio privado.

Back