Apartment available for short-term rental

Yes, I'm tempted. Maybe I'll do just that. Perhaps, I'll invest like 300 usd to make the furniture of my main, centrally situated apartment more modern and comfy, give it a paint job, and list it on Airbnb...

The Constitucion studio though would not make the cut for Airbnb, because a tourist might be frightened by the surroundings. I mean, it's safe but it looks a bit weird at night, Constitucion, in some places.
Step #1. Get the FASTEST Internet plan you can get. Like mega fast. In US dollar terms it's DIRT cheap now. Then after you install it, go on Airbnb app and they have a feature to list your internet speed. You can NOT trick it as Airbnb will check your location and network. Just having mega fast speed will put you ahead of 90% of the Airbnbs on the market. Airbnb does NOT teach you this. I teach things like this Airbnb owners. I usually charge for this advice but I want to educate and teach the masses how they can make a lot of money with Airbnbs. One of my companies was purchased by Airbnb. I used to offer paid consulting to the Airbnb guys when they were starting out. So please trust me a little on my advice. I know what I'm talking about.

FAST internet is the single most important thing these days. People can give up a lot these days but almost EVERYONE Wants. No NEEDS FAST Wi-Fi. So do that first. Get professional photography and 3D Floor plans. DM if if you need a contact. I will send you mine. $100 US and they will be out there in a few days. They will do video walk through, 3D floor plans and professional photos. That also will put you in a better shape then 60% of other listings.

Fast internet is a key factor, followed by reliability some internet services can be interrupted for hours. But above all is location, location, location. But also bright light is a factor, an interior flat is no so desirable. Location and light are factors that can't be changed.

Thanks for the quality and value of the advice given above regarding Airbnb strategies, @earlyretirement and @Rich One. I'm sold :).

I'll put my best apartment on Airbnb, but the other one, smaller and situated in a so-so area of Constitución, I won't list it on Airbnb. Because in Buenos Aires, I also think that location is even more important than fast and reliable Internet.

Talking about reliability, one is at the mercy of some technical incident, some repair underway for the Internet cables. But, 99% of the time, Internet will work fine in most areas of the Capital.

I'm going to be looking for an apartment in the coming weeks. I'm assuming most owners are open to say a 15% discount on advertised price if you pay upfront right?

And speaking about furniture that's the #1 issue I see with properties here. I see $800 a month apartments listed and they have 2 single beds or even a sofa-bed instead of a regular one. I'm not even going to mention having a proper work setup with a chair/desk but it's like they don't even think about who actually has the money to rent and live in these one person apartments.

For me the important thing for an apartment to have is big solid table that doesn't shake and a suitable chair. I deploy a desktop PC there and connect it to the router with a wire. On AirBNB a lot of apartments are missing that. This is what I currently have:
photo_2023-10-06_12-49-14.jpg
That's pretty good for me, although a pity this apartment is already occupied in the coming months and I have to move out soon.

Back