Apartment for a Newbie

Take a look at vacation destinations for Argentina - https://www.batimes.com.ar/news/arg...ts-argentines-summer-vacations-in-doubt.phtml

If you think your "generous" budget will get you far. Prices in some areas are $2,000 to $11,000 US dollars per WEEK. I used to rent my house in Punta del Este for $8,000 US dollars per WEEK and it was only 3 bedrooms. I'm not talking about some mansion either. It was a nice high end luxury house about 5 blocks from the beach but nothing over the top. Completely renovated but not too big. It stayed full the entire season.

Remarkable considering I paid about $400,000 US dollars for the large lot of land, to build a brand new 2,500 sq. feet house and built a large outdoor pool. I grossed about $78,000 US dollars on only 3 months worth of rentals. You're not in Barcelona anymore Toto......

Last edited:
Many thanks, earlyretirement - this listing looks like good value and I will be contacting the owner for verification. The bathroom in photo number 21 might however pose a bit of a challenge for someone with wide hips!

Ha, ha. Yes, the bathrooms here sometimes are challenging. Not built for fat Americans. Also, as you mentioned, "verification". I can't vouch for anything. I like Airbnb as you have risk free. If it's a bait and switch you just leave. Airbnb always protects you. I've found the vast majority of locals are scammers or will cheat you in some way. Especially if they see you've never been there and a foreigner. They won't care you have a wife and kids.

Good luck. Play around with ZonaProp. There aren't many listings but still worth checking out. If you get to a point, where you need someone local to verify it, let me know. I have people you can pay to go see it.

Also Dominic, I DM'd you the WhatsApp # of my dear friend and trusted realtor. I've used him for 15 years. He is well connected and very ethical and honest. Ask him to ask around as well. Good luck. I know how it is traveling with a wife and kids.

Last edited:
Back