apartment rental -- newcomer

ericdharma

Registered
Hi all,
I am not only new to this forum but I am new to participating in these types of forums at all. I have been traveling a lot lately(I just recently spent 2 months in San Jose, Costa Rica) and after using the information that I have found here anonymously I have decided to throw in my hat and make a post. I apologize in advance because I am about to ask the most frequently asked begginer question but here goes. HOW CAN I FIND A CHEAP APARTMENT IN BA FAST FAST FAST??? I am already here and so far I love the place but the hotel situation has been killing me. I have been bounced around all over town (my fault because I didn´t make a reservation in advance) and I am starting to feel like a gypsy. So far I have contacted bytargentina and bapartments. I have looked in La Nacion and the Clarin. The prices there look great but they are mostly asking for a 2 year commitment or a gaurantor. (I lived in New York city for 3 years so these are familiar problems for me.) Do I need to be worried about people misrepresenting themselves as property owners when they really are not? What can I do to expedite the process of finding a place? Do I need to be concerned about property theft once I find an apartment? In New York I always had to resort to shares because of the gaurantor situation. Is this a viable alternative here? I would really appreciate any help that the members here could offer. Thanks.

Just wanted to let everybody know that I was able to find a great place. I realize that no one answered this because it is such a common question. I was wondering if there would be some way to officially organize this information and have an ongoing thread in one location with a very long history. If the resident members could be bothered, maybe they could post there every once in a while and it could be a real help to newcomers. It would also make everyone feel welcome and connected to the post. Not so much just "Apartment Rentals" but something more like Apartment Search in BA FAQ - recources and advice- . Just a thought.

so how did you end up finding your apartment? Yes this is a very common question on here and its very hard to organise, although I think they have tried at different times to make different threads. I personally have never quite understood the difference between Newcomers Forum and All Forums links -- perhaps the forum needs to be reorganised categorically?

"ericdharma" said:
I was wondering if there would be some way to officially organize this information and have an ongoing thread in one location with a very long history.
The official way would be to post a guide about finding a short term rental. (There is a "Submit an Article" link in the main menu). Since you already have some experience, you can do it now. Other people can post comments to it and these comments will be eventually incorporated into the guide, so it will be up-to-date all the time. Articles are organized in categories. There will be a link for each category from the main menu. Like there is a link now under Guides for Real Estate.
"syngirl" said:
I personally have never quite understood the difference between Newcomers Forum and All Forums links
In welcome email (the very first one user receives when he joins the website) user is encouraged to post his profile in newcomers forum. That's why link to newcomers forums is taken to the main menu. It's just easier to find for first time users this way.

Hi eric

I hope you get this forum posting. I am coming down to B.A. in just under two weeks and would love any rental referral information you can give me! I am staying for 3 months and looking for a furnished studio or 1br in Palermo or recoleta.

my email is [email protected]
Thanks,
Jason

Back