Apartment rental without DNI/residency

IslandTime808

Registered
I noticed (especially outside Buenos Aires) that rental prices are much cheaper on sites like Zona Prop/Facebook Marketplace (many apartments here are in pesos, not dollars) instead of using AirBnb. Is it relatively easy to use they options with locals for 3-6 months without a DNI/residency?

I noticed (especially outside Buenos Aires) that rental prices are much cheaper on sites like Zona Prop/Facebook Marketplace (many apartments here are in pesos, not dollars) instead of using AirBnb. Is it relatively easy to use they options with locals for 3-6 months without a DNI/residency?

It's possible, I did it previously, but it's always dueño directo, not AFIP registered, paid in cash, etc. Usually it's a temp rental that's furnished too, which is pro or con depending on your POV.

Airbnb is a ripoff in Arg. The locals know only gringos use it and you are charged accordingly. If you can avoid it and work through local channels or directly with owners.

If you are planning to visit Bs. As.( for the first time) for a month or less,. Airbnb is your best choice or perhaps Booking. If you are a local resident with DNI then you have many other options.

I have decided to rent a house and I do not have DNI or residency (I will try my chance with a direct owner). I love to cook and Airbnb is not my favorite choice since I am going to stay here more.

I will need WIFI as soon as I move in but I am not sure if I can do it since I do not have DNI/residency and am not sure who will pay the bills (included in rent or extras). In the US I only had to pay the bill for electricity. But it changes from country to country.

Also, I would appreciate any input on a quiet and safe neighborhood. I am a software developer who is not so much into the nightlife and I have been here in BsAs just for one and a half months.

I have decided to rent a house and I do not have DNI or residency (I will try my chance with a direct owner).
Getting a garantia should be your primary concern, not payment arrangements.

I believe, when you are renting long term, it is customary for tenant to pay for the utilities.

Sure, a garantía without PR and a local job seems difficult. Many owners accepts payments in advance but there is a risk of fraud always.

In a "six month" Temporary Rental ; The Tenant must pay the ABL tax ? and increase the deposit in case of renewal ?

Last edited:
In a "six month" Temporary Rental ; The Tenant must pay the ABL tax ? and increase the deposit in case of renewal ?
Does a 6-month temporary rental exist? I thought 3 months was the maximum (though you can sign several at a time to cover, for example, 12 or 18 months). I've never explicitly paid ABL. More variable expenses like gas, water, electricity and internet are negotiable, sometimes I've paid the owner whatever the monthly amount was, sometimes they've been included in the rent, up to a limit. The temporary rental contracts can be denominated in USD, in which case the deposit wouldn't be increased.

Back