Apartment rental

schef4711
Why do you feel the need to insult "Americans" by calling all of them stupid? In fact I rented to people from many different countries. I thought the purpose of the website was to exchange ideas not to fling insults. You are an angry person....have a smoke and chill out.

"danc" said:
schef4711
Why do you feel the need to insult "Americans" by calling all of them stupid? In fact I rented to people from many different countries. I thought the purpose of the website was to exchange ideas not to fling insults. You are an angry person....have a smoke and chill out.
the mayor people are from US and I'm not angry but I'm a realist and know how the market will work and will help the people not to pay overpriced rent :pSo luck for you to rent it for the price up to the exploded bubble :) bye schef4711

I have a turn the century French style 2-bdrm/2bath apartment in Barrio Norte just off Santa Fe on Larrea. Four meter ceilings, 2 wrought iron balconies, kitchen and baths just remodeled. I'll be there last half of March, but it's available in April. Price is negotiable. If you're interested, let me know and I'll e-mail photographs.

Mishy:

I sure would like the info on agencies you have dealt with. There are too many to sift through without some help.

rawlf

The major difference in how people view costs is tourist vs non-tourist, if you're coming to BA for a month, you figure in the US you would pay about $1500 USD to rent a hotel room so you can get an apartment for that much or less, seems like a ok deal. You want to live in BA and work here, you quickly realize that tourist rentals are ripping you off a lot and you'll never make the $ in BA to pay for them, but you don't have the $ to invest in furniture for a apartment and don't want to sign a 2 year lease...so what do you do?!?!?

I usually don't comment but I agree with danc. You usually get what you pay for. If you are fortunate to have a nice budget & want a beautiful apt. for your vacation stay then that's what you should do, spend extra and enjoy.

There's a world of difference between a beautiful french style loft with 4 meter high ceilings, floor to ceiling double pane windows to prevent noise, bright & full of charm and a typical drab, noisy apartment with no charm for half the price.

If price is more important then go for cheaper but if charm & enjoyment are your priority go for the better more expensive one.

But don't always talk people out of spending money for something nice unless it really is apples to apples (not apples to almost apples).

I wanted to try to help you since a lot of the threads have gone a bit off topic and don't seem to help you find the apartment you are looking for without changing your mind for you! With your suggested budget you can certainly find a perfect apartment in Palermo Viejo / Soho- depending on the occupancy during that time.

I could point you to two websites http://bairesliving.com/ and http://www.welcome2ba.com/?p=con which have several apartments in the area you like. I'm not in any way advertising them because I have no affiliation whatsoever and didn't use them, but I can only pass on the things I found when looking to match the thing you want. For me these websites are the clearest and easiest to find what you want- although they do not have the extensive range of other tourist rental sites you can get really overwhelmed by those sites which don't have easy search or sort facilities. On the budget you have, these are a nice match and could hopefully help you.

Kate

Danc -- for the price you are asking you should have an LED / LCD in there -- seriously, everyone in that price range does now....

I wanted to try to help you since a lot of the threads have gone a bit off topic and don't seem to help you find the apartment you are looking for without changing your mind for you! With your suggested budget you can certainly find a perfect apartment in Palermo Viejo / Soho- depending on the occupancy during that time.

I could point you to two websites http://bairesliving.com/ and http://www.welcome2ba.com/?p=con which have several apartments in the area you like. I'm not in any way advertising them because I have no affiliation whatsoever and didn't use them, but I can only pass on the things I found when looking to match the thing you want. For me these websites are the clearest and easiest to find what you want- although they do not have the extensive range of other tourist rental sites you can get really overwhelmed by those sites which don't have easy search or sort facilities. On the budget you have, these are a nice match and could hopefully help you.

Kate

Back