APN help for Claro

amat

Registered
HI all,

I have a droid phone and got a Claro plan with Data included awhile back. However, i cannot get the data to work and assume its because I don't have the APN settings to use edge/gprs/etc. Does anyone else have them? I've been to Claro multiple times for help and they tell me to contact HTC who tells me to contact Claro...

Thanks!

amat said:
HI all,

I have a droid phone and got a Claro plan with Data included awhile back. However, i cannot get the data to work and assume its because I don't have the APN settings to use edge/gprs/etc. Does anyone else have them? I've been to Claro multiple times for help and they tell me to contact HTC who tells me to contact Claro...

Thanks!

This should help:

http://tinyurl.com/y2gao73

claro.com.ar
user: claro
pwrd: claro

or

internet.ctimovil.com.ar
usr: guest
pwrd: guest

also try replacing 'guest' with blank.

I use this site regularly for these types of APN questions:
http://franson.com/forum/topic.asp?topic_id=6669

I also found the following on another site that i use for APN

APN: igprs.claro.com.ar
Usuario: clarogprs
Contraseña: clarogprs999

APN: internet.ctimovil.com.ar
Usuario: ctigprs
Contraseña: ctigprs

APN: wap.ctimovil.com.ar
Usuario: ctigprs
Contraseña: ctigprs999

http://www.celularis.com/tips/configuracion-gprs-y-3g-para-claro-argentina.php

by the way SSR, your response of giving the OP a google search of 'Claro APN Settings" is exactly the type of posts i have come to expect on this forum - useless. If you don't have an actual answer, don't bother posting. more and more this forum is the blind leading the blind.

Thanks so much. I had tried all of them already multiple times except the guest/guest one. that's the only one i hadn't found online and that's the one that seem to work for Claro with a nexus one phone.

Thanks again!

One more question - How do I track my data usage on Claro(if I can)? They told me they have no unlimited plans unless you have an iphone so I got a 500mb/month plan. Just wondering if anyone knows

I still cant believe after multiple calls and visits, they wouldnt give me the APN info and I went for 6 weeks with no data. What crap customer service!

gunt86 said:
by the way SSR, your response of giving the OP a google search of 'Claro APN Settings" is exactly the type of posts i have come to expect on this forum - useless. If you don't have an actual answer, don't bother posting. more and more this forum is the blind leading the blind.

This should help:

http://tinyurl.com/y84glsh

amat said:
One more question - How do I track my data usage on Claro(if I can)? They told me they have no unlimited plans unless you have an iphone so I got a 500mb/month plan. Just wondering if anyone knows

I do not use Claro (i use Movistar), but usually there is a section on the client login website which shows your usage (calls, data, sms). If you haven't done so already, register on their website.

I have the Claro unlimited internet plan together with an iphone since early 2009,
it is useless for me to consult my internet usage but still, I couldn't find any information in relation to it on my account page (claro.com.ar).

I'd highly recommend that you find a way to get the iphone/unlimited plan, because for 229$ you get (apart of the free calls and SMS) truly unlimited internet access (it's about a 2 megas connection : I sometimes reach 230 kbps on bittorrent in DL mode).
In fact, having the 3G through the iphone is a zillion times better than having it through the USB key (because Claro seems to limit the speed on the USB key past a certain nivel, while you can happily download 20 or 30 gigas a month through a tethered & jailbroken iphone).

I even dropped my regular internet subscription (just using my iphone internet plan).

The APN that works for me is the one with the 999

French Jurist,

they said they won't do unlimited plans unless its for the Iphone (but who knows if that is true or not). Frankly, i've dealt with them enough for now that i'm not going to worry about it for awhile!
anyway, i think 500mb will be fine as I much prefer using my laptop than using the phone. the phone is really to be able to get work emails when i'm out of the house. and maybe some occasional browsing. But i just put it on wifi mode anyway when i'm at home so i dont imagine i'm using too much data.

I can't find my usage on their site either. There may be some sort of number I can call -I will try to find oiut though I have so little faith in Claro customer service now!

There do seem to be some apps for Android/nexus one that will track usage. that may be a solution...

thanks!

ok, it is on the customer login on the site. I missed it before
it shows how many MBs i have left for the billing period as well as calls/sms. It seems there is an option for it to send you a reminder when you've almost used the 500mb but when i tried to activate it, it said it's not 'disponible' now. suprise, suprise! but at least i can track it!

Back