Apostille FBI background

Gabrielane

Registered
Hi!
We need to get the FBI background check apostilled for the Residencia permanente trámite for my Fiancé. I know it’s possible to start the process and get the FBI bg check from BA, is it possible to have it apostillado also?

It took me over 3 months to receive mine by which point it had expired. I wouldn't even waste your money until the office resumes normal operation, I would look into doing the process through his/her former state of residence however which would likely go much faster.

Thank You, jaimito.

So, doing fingerprints, sending eForms, payment etc from here (since we are both in Arg now) and receiving the document in his former US address would be better... Then, someone can get it apostilled there and send the final doc to Argentina. Do you think that’s the best way around it?

Unfortunately there is no way around it independent of which country you are currently in, the Office of Authentications is completely collapsed so you will not be able to get the apostille other than a two or three month wait. The Criminal History Report itself could probably be pretty easily obtained but without the apostille it's not much good. You should be able to go the state route however if you can find a way to get them the fingerprints, their apostilles should take roughly a week.

Oh I see. I didn’t know there was a state apostille option. Do you know if for the residencia trámite a state apostille for a federal document is acceptable? I guess this is our only option right now

I was fingerprinted in B.A. and sent them twice to an agency in the U.S. who then sends them to the FBI....The FBI rejected my prints twice.

I was fingerprinted in B.A. and sent them twice to an agency in the U.S. who then sends them to the FBI....The FBI rejected my prints twice.
May I ask why were the fingerprints rejected? Did they give you any reason?
There’s a way of getting the Background check online now, you went through an agency because that wasn’t an option at that time?

My attempt was about 4 months ago. I was not given a reason. Please share how to do it online....thanks. Right now I am in Bogota....and I have h a Colombian cedulla. I am going to use that as my residence for the DNI when things open up again and I can get back into Argentina. I got a Colombian clearance in 10 MINUTES....online. I realize that my Colombian residence is critical....including the superior medical insurance here that costs me about $45 dollars a month (only covers in Colombia)

Last edited:
My attempt was about 4 months ago. I was not given a reason. Please share how to do it online....thanks. Right now I am in Bogota....and I have h a Colombian cedulla. I am going to use that as my residence for the DNI when things open up again and I can get back into Argentina. I got a Colombian clearance in 10 MINUTES....online. I realize that my Colombian residence is critical....including the superior medical insurance here that costs me about $45 dollars a month (only covers in Colombia)
This is what I found to do it electronically:

https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks Gonna contact the embassy to check with them the fingerprints-FBI situation since they suggest it here:

good luck with the colombian route!

Back