Apple Products

Big_m

Registered
Am thinking about bringing some back with me from a trip to the USA but does anyone know of a good way to sell them for very good profit in Argentina. Is Mercado Libre reliable / best route?

What sort of markups on computers and phones can i expect to get?
Is there a good expat market to get paid in $'s for the items?

I had checked about that a month ago and no big profits can be made, not really worth it.

Best bet is to wait for a new Apple product to come out and bring it quickly here for resale.

You would more than likely be better off just putting dollars in your pocket and bringing them, than you would be trying to resell new apple products. Notice on mercadolibre that: 1) you can no longer sell stuff in dollars, and 2) once you divide by the informal rate and take out a commission there is very little difference in price between stuff listed on mercado libre and the price in dollars in the states.

I have old iPhones and I can definitely get more resell value in ARG than in the U.S.

Not sure about new stuff.

Big_m said:
Am thinking about bringing some back with me from a trip to the USA but does anyone know of a good way to sell them for very good profit in Argentina. Is Mercado Libre reliable / best route?

What sort of markups on computers and phones can i expect to get?
Is there a good expat market to get paid in $'s for the items?

Make sure the dollars you get are REAL US Dollars.

I had a friend who found out that the US$3,000 he had just "earned" selling three new iPads about a year ago. They were all fakes. So make sure you looks at the dollars (or pesos) that you get from selling things.

Back