Applying For The Cbc- High School Diploma Or Transcript?

I don't remember the subjects exactly, but it's more or less Argentine history, literature, and society. A friend of mine took them a while back and he said he learned a lot, so it's not a total waste.

The excerpt you posted basically says that the documents have to be issued by the government agency authorized to issued the document (in this case your highschool) and that they have to be apostillized. In my case, that meant getting a notarized copy of my highschool diploma/transcripts and sending that to a state office that provides the apostille (which is kind of like a notary that is valid internationally).

So basically, all the official/hard copies of documents are to be obtained and notarized by the state office. I'm not there right now, but I have a sister who lives in the city. I spent my last high school semester in community college so I'll get the official transcript from that place too. Looks like the diploma and transcript from two places are needed.

[background=rgb(237, 233, 214)]Q: What must I do to have my school records authenticated?[/background]
[background=rgb(237, 233, 214)]A:[/background]

[background=rgb(237, 233, 214)]Transcript:[/background]
  1. [background=rgb(237, 233, 214)]Obtain a copy of the student's transcript from the records or administrative office of the school.[/background]
  2. [background=rgb(237, 233, 214)]The registrar's signature on the transcript must be an original.[/background]
  3. [background=rgb(237, 233, 214)]The transcript must be properly notarized with an acknowledgement and have an original signature by a Minnesota Notary Public.[/background]
  4. [background=rgb(237, 233, 214)]The document is then mailed or brought in to the Office of the Secretary of State.[/background]
[background=rgb(237, 233, 214)]Diploma:[/background]
  1. [background=rgb(237, 233, 214)]Obtain the diploma from the records or administrative office of the school.[/background]
  2. [background=rgb(237, 233, 214)]The signatures on the diploma must be properly notarized with an acknowledgement and have an original signature by a Minnesota Notary Public.[/background]
  3. [background=rgb(237, 233, 214)]The document is then mailed or brought in to the Office of the Secretary of State.[/background]
[background=rgb(237, 233, 214)]I h[/background]

I don't remember the subjects exactly, but it's more or less Argentine history, literature, and society. A friend of mine took them a while back and he said he learned a lot, so it's not a total waste.

The excerpt you posted basically says that the documents have to be issued by the government agency authorized to issued the document (in this case your highschool) and that they have to be apostillized. In my case, that meant getting a notarized copy of my highschool diploma/transcripts and sending that to a state office that provides the apostille (which is kind of like a notary that is valid internationally).

Great info! The 6 subject exams are in Spanish ....?? :eek:

Great info! The 6 subject exams are in Spanish ....?? :eek:

Of course! As will be the case with all your course work at university here! Conversational level Spanish is not going to get you far enough... so while you're doing your HS equivalency exams you might want to enroll in some more Spanish classes if you think you need them -- I believe that the city now actually has some Spanish for Foreigner courses (directed mostly at Asian immigrants but if you've got your DNI you'd be eligible).

Remember a lot of exams here are oral, so you really will need a good command of the language to make it through the degree -- even my husband who did Mechanical Engineering at UTN had oral exams.

Is there no hope of getting a loan from your family? Private universities here don't cost anywhere near as much as in the USA and if you want to do business some of the private schools do have well recognised programmes and (sometimes more importantly, especially here) lots of connections.

Here is a link I posted on one of the other threads:

http://estatico.buenosaires.gov.ar/areas/educacion/gestion_privada/docs/guia-alumn-extr.pdf

Here is the fun part:

Los interesados en convalidar sus estudios de nivel medio cursados y aprobados en países con los que Argentina no tiene convenio de reconocimiento de estudios y notas, deberán rendir satisfactoriamente las asignaturas de Formación Nacional previamente al inicio del trámite en la Dirección de Educación Media y Técnica (Esmeralda 55- Planta Baja, Ciudad de Buenos Aires). El mentado se encuentra subsumido en el marco de la RM N ° 1208/05.

Las materias que se deben rendir son; Lengua, Lengua y Literatura, Geografía, Historia, Instrucción Cívica, y Educación Cívica.

Hey, you guys. Good morning.

Sorry for bringing up this old thread. I just wanted to ask about the 'asignaturas de formacion nacional'. My question is: How long does it take to complete these subjects? I read a document that said that it could take up to 1 1/2 years. Is this true?

I'm a native spanish speaker and a Colombian citizen. I'll be arriving in mid November to Buenos Aires to try study in the UBA. My high school diploma however is from New York. So I feel really bummed that it has to take that long for my degree to be convalidated.

Any advice?

Hey, you guys. Good morning.

Sorry for bringing up this old thread. I just wanted to ask about the 'asignaturas de formacion nacional'. My question is: How long does it take to complete these subjects? I read a document that said that it could take up to 1 1/2 years. Is this true?

I'm a native spanish speaker and a Colombian citizen. I'll be arriving in mid November to Buenos Aires to try study in the UBA. My high school diploma however is from New York. So I feel really bummed that it has to take that long for my degree to be convalidated.

Any advice?

Hey cafecito,

Old thread but maybe you'll see this... I'm a US citizen also trying to validate my high school diploma so I can enter the CBC. A couple of days ago I dropped off my translated diploma and transcript at the closest public high school, and they signed me up for the next round of asignaturas in March. I have two weeks to study what looks like a ton of information. If I don't pass, I can't take the tests again until August, and by then it would be too late to enter the CBC for the second semester, so I'd be left having to wait over a year from now to start (I'd probably have to look into other college options).

I'm wondering how difficult you found the tests, what books were most helpful in studying etc etc. Anyone know something??

Back