AR Citizenship question

I think you are too worried about the process. stay calm! Take a flight. Come here..And experience the process.

I think you are too worried about the process. stay calm! Take a flight. Come here..And experience the process.
Ok thank you.I am try to tour Argentina but it need a lot of time and cost :( Anyway,thank you to tell me many info

^ It does not work. Naturalized non Ibero American born citizens cannot take advantage of the Spanish nationality law for the 2 year residency, and there's no way around it. One must be born in one of the countries on the list. Native born Argentines with foreign parents are eligible, even if they're 100% Asian/African/White.

Does this apply to naturalized Argentine citizens, for example, a US citizen who came to Argentina, lived here for a few years and got citizenship here in AR? I thought I had read that the Spanish citizenship you describe was only for native-born Argentines, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

El Cordobes, do you know anything about this?

That's a good point. I know that for example (at least up to a few years ago), the Brazilian government required 5 years of being a naturalized Argentine citizen before you could apply for residency in Brazil. However, the official information on the Spanish Ministerio de Justicia website doesn't specify anything like this, it just says "nacionales de países iberoamericanos." It would be best to pay a Spanish immigration lawyer €50 to consult. @Pierre Smith, do you have any examples of people who have tried to acquire Spanish citizenship this way and failed, or any links that point to any such cases?

This isn't really a special path to Spanish citizenship that Latin Americans have. Anyone, regardless of their passport, can acquire Spanish citizenship through residency after living in Spain for 10 years. The only "privilege" certain groups have, including Latin Americans, is that the period of residency is reduced to 2 years.

Back