Are Argentines Promiscuous?

Are Argentines More Promiscuous?

• I'm Argentine and I believe We are MORE Promiscuous than is Average in the World

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm Argentine and I believe We are LESS Promiscuous

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • I'm Argentine and I believe We are the SAME

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I'm a North American and believe Argentines are MORE Promiscuous

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • I'm a NA and believe Argentines are LESS Promiscuous

• I'm a NA and believe Argentines are the SAME

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • I'm a Euro-pat and believe Argentines are MORE Promiscuous

• I'm a Euro-pat and believe Argentines are the LESS Promiscuous

• I'm a Euro-pat and believe we are the SAME

• I'm from elsewhere and believe MORE

• I'm from elsewhere and believe LESS

• I'm from elsewhere and believe the SAME

• No Opinion

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters
I think the men can tend to be more sexually promiscuous, but that's usually the way it is. I'm not sure there's a lot of "touch-and-go" culture (as they call it) here, aside from the young university clubbing scene, but I don't know. Maybe the high promiscuity number is from cheating or short relationships. There sure are a lot of telos around. :p

Apparently it's a test given and those are the country averages. :)

If anyone cares to take it...

Here are the seven numbers that were added together to get your promiscuity measure:
  • The number of sexual partners you have had in the last year, multiplied by five.
  • The number of sexual partners you see yourself having in the next five years (realistically, not optimistically, and no greater than 30).
  • The number of one-night-stands you have had, multiplied by five.
  • On a scale of one to eight where one is “never” and eight is “every day”, how often do you fantasize about someone other than your current/most recent partner, multiplied by four.
  • On a scale of 1 (strongly disagree) to 9 (strongly agree) how would you agree with the statement “Sex without love is OK”. Multiply that number by 0.66.
  • Same as above but with the statement “I can imagine myself being comfortable and enjoying casual sex with different partners”. Again it needs to be multiplied by 0.66.
  • On a (new) scale of 1 (strongly agree) to 9 (strongly disagree) how would you agree with the statement “I would have to be closely attached to someone (both emotionally and psychologically) before I could feel comfortable and fully enjoy having sex with him or her”. Multiply that number by 0.66.
Ahhh I get it now!!! Argentine men like to exaggerate when talking about partners, etc. And a big percentage of them think you have to be mentally impaired to get married, etc etc, macho culture at its best. That explains the results imho.

I'm not entirely sure how you measure it. My n1 experience is that yes, lots of people cheat here. But I'm not sure if it's more than in other countries or just more openly discussed/admitted here. * Hell, go to any after office party in town and a vast majority of the guys are married. Back when I was single and lived in town, I was always amazed at how at these parties, guys would chat me up and then mention they were married sin verguenza. I also knew lots of guys with "amigovios" and the like. And I will say that lots of our grooms - who typically are young, late teens and early 20s - have several children and usually with more than one mother. And I see lots of young women (early teenagers) walking around with kids here in the neighborhood. So sex and casual relationships seem pretty common from my POV.

*Admitted by men. I also know quite a few women who have strayed but they're usually much more discreet about it.

all argentines, I know have sex with more than one person on a regular basis.

I have an Argentine lady friend who went through a phase of dating two guys at once.

Then when that relationship would end, she'd start going out with another couple of guys. There was never a second lady, just the two guys and her.

Dinner for 3
Boliche for 3
Cama for 3

Lucky lady. I never had the same experience with two ladies.

Hmm, as a Brazilian I'd say Argentinians are a lot more conservative about sex than Brazilians, especially when it comes to casual, no relationship sex. I'd compare them to Americans really, i terms of promiscuiosity (i think I just invented a new word), at least in my experience.

As a Brazilian, I find Americans a lot more open about casual, no relationship sex. Specially in college. I think we Brazilians advertise a lot, but deliver a lot less than we claim. At least that was the truth back in the early 90s, when I was in high-school. I did my senior year in the US, and found casual sex to be a lot more prevalent than in my Brazilian high school, where just getting to thrid base would be enough to promote any guy to school icon status.

All of this promiscuous behavior ended when Francis became Pope.
'Heels to Jesus' Francisco? He'll lie down with anyone.
QuCeLUx.png

Actually when he was archbishop he was a constant thorn in the side of the Kirchners, forever condemning corruption and the evils of capitalism. As Pope he is not so free to criticize heads of state (he is one himself) but he goes on damning capitalism and preaching simplicity. It would be nice to think that he has spoken privately to Cristina about her lavish life style but I doubt it.

Back